Halloween Forum banner

Haunted Mine Shaft Ideas?

6207 26
Ok, starting to get that excited feeling...time to plan this years haunt. I have an idea for an elevator prop to make the tots feel like they are descending to the mine, but I'm not sure how to make a cave scene without spending big bucks. I would love to hear any ideas for props and effects for cave or mine haunts.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Super Moderator
6,567 Posts
Hey, Scatterbrains, did you ever make it to the haunt that was in the (actual) silver mines up in Park City years ago? ( I think the last year of operation was 12 or 13 years ago)

Anyhow. They did a lot of stuff making it seem the thing was going to collaps (essentially a drop-spreader filled with sand, making the mine look like it was going to be falling in) and with people trapped in the rock. Big bugs and stuff like that.

It was actually pretty interesting as the only lighting was the lanterns on people's heads.

Then those went out...

· Super Moderator
6,567 Posts
yeah, I never did work out how they managed it. But, you passed a certain point, and the headlamps went out, and you had to make the last little ways in the dark. Had to be some kind of RF trigger somehow.

And I DO MEAN DARK. (well underground)

Miserable for me since I couldn't stand in the mine to begin with (too tall), and ended up more or less crawling that last bit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts