Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Wunderfully Wiccaned
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok. So I may be a little obssessed with Disney and the Haunted Mansion... but when I get my own house, I want my backyard to have a Southern Porch feel to it... So I was paging through the King Metals Catalog that came with my order of finials today, and came across what appears to be... An ALMOST EXACT match to the cast iron scrollies that Disney used on the Porch that wraps around the haunted mansion...

Page 495 in the King Metals Catalog!!!

King Architectural Metals wrought iron metal balusters finials casting steel ornamental forged gate fence stairs Access control
King Architectural Metals wrought iron metal balusters finials casting steel ornamental forged gate fence stairs Access control

I am so excited by this find, I couldn't help but post about it!

Long Live Halloween and the Haunted Mansion!!!

·
livin Halloween every day
1,989 Posts
Well if there not exact they are so close that not even disney would no the difference. I am also a big fan of the haunted mansion. That is great stuff.

·
Wunderfully Wiccaned
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we are creating something similar to those out of plywood... We tried to purchase candleabra's like those, but no where on the interwebs do they seem to be sold....

We have already created these...

they haven't been painted yet, but we've cut out approx. 50 ft of them...and they will have candles attached to them via screws/staples/hot glue.. it will be a trial and error most likely.

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
ok. So I may be a little obssessed with Disney and the Haunted Mansion... but when I get my own house, I want my backyard to have a Southern Porch feel to it... So I was paging through the King Metals Catalog that came with my order of finials today, and came across what appears to be... An ALMOST EXACT match to the cast iron scrollies that Disney used on the Porch that wraps around the haunted mansion...

Page 495 in the King Metals Catalog!!!

I am so excited by this find, I couldn't help but post about it!

Long Live Halloween and the Haunted Mansion!!!

Oh my word, isn't that the most beautiful thing???

***sigh***

Now WHAT have I done with those winning Lottery numbers???? ;)

·
Wunderfully Wiccaned
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL. I will have my own home by next halloween for sure. No more apartments for me!! They really aren't THAT expensive.... sure a little pricey, but WELL worth it to have that kind of beauty in your life every single day!!

·
Registered
453 Posts
we are creating something similar to those out of plywood... We tried to purchase candleabra's like those, but no where on the interwebs do they seem to be sold....

We have already created these...

they haven't been painted yet, but we've cut out approx. 50 ft of them...and they will have candles attached to them via screws/staples/hot glue.. it will be a trial and error most likely.
and there's my inspiration to get back to work! Nice work! Give us an update on that candelabra.

·
Wunderfully Wiccaned
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My best friend is the one designing and cutting it out. I believe he said he is going to be finishing it either this weekend or sometime next week. We have 40 other projects on the list this year....And my girlfriend is worried we Are already behind schedule...

·
Registered
622 Posts
Manda, you've probably seen these, but if not check out these two actual full-size replicas of the DL HM! This was a post of mine from another thread on house hunting with yardhaunting in mind!

http://www.halloweenforum.com/661162-post29.html

·
Wunderfully Wiccaned
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd take a house that looks like that. I keep trying to convince my best friend who lives in the Midwest that he needs to buy a house like that and then fly me out for the entire month of oct to decorate it...

·
Registered
622 Posts
LOL... they just don't seem to understand do they! Hehehe! :O)

·
Wunderfully Wiccaned
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Men never quite get it.... hehe. Of course I cannot blame them for not completely embracing my obssessions....

Every time I think about those scrollies, I want to buy them, and attach them to the patio of my apartment....just so I can look at them every day.... They wouldn't look right, but darn it, I just don't care!!! =)

·
Foolish Mortal
772 Posts
I think it would cost a fortune to put enough of that ironwork together to look like the picture. It is gorgeous though. Maybe if you didn't have a large porch. You used to could get architectural pieces from old victorian houses like that here in TN at estate auctions for next to nothing. But since people have been using it for wall art it's pretty pricey now.

·
Wunderfully Wiccaned
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well to do it as detailed as the haunted mansion would cost chaching $$$... We would be a little more modest about it... perhaps doing maybe $500 worth of it.... I just want to create the atmosphere of the haunted mansion porch really.... I always feel like bringing a chair and drinking some tea on it....

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
love the fancy lace work. yeah, i wouldn't mind some of that. just keep the pictures coming. we can enjoy your luck.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts