Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Group,

Not much to see yet, but I am making the Pumpkin King as seen in line at Disneyland's Haunted Mansion.

I believe I have the dimensions looking pretty good. If anybody wants them just let me know.

The pumpkin, is a 15" x 11" Mr. Light Mac Funkin, from where else, Amazon.

The stencil is from ZombiePumkins.com

The real piece(s) that makes this all come togther easily is Spider Hill Works "Spider Joints." These are life savers that I know many of you already use, but worth mentioning again.

I threw an NBC hat on top for the picture. I am quite confident this will come out very well once I make his outfit and add the bamboo. So far so good. Will keep you all updated.

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
476 Posts
The frame alone looks awesome! Been wanting to do a dummy with PVC ever since i started working on halloween this year, now i have to!! ha ha! :D

Super nice work cant wait to see it finished.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the kind words. Here is the link for the hat: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003IC4XI2/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1505961068&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=nightmare+before+christmas+santa+hat&dpPl=1&dpID=41f2w+aengL&ref=plSrch

I just threw it up there for the picture. It needs to be heavily modified to fit the large head.

I can provide dimensions tomorrow, but I have a feeling I will be modifying dimensions slightly as I proceed. I really want to be accurate and mot habe him overwhelming, but just right.

Really simple project, could likely be completed in two days if you have all the material. My wife will make the costume. Mow I have to determine what to cover his limbs in. Suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The sticks are 2 bundles of Bamboo from Michaels. They were $14.99 a bundle plus I had a coupon. I will be using some wood stain to make the pole appear to be wood. I think once I get the costume on he will look fantastic. He is quite tall, easily ten feet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not a lot of progress today. I gave the pole a faux wood grain using a wood file and wood stain. Pretty convincing effect, which really won't matter either way at night

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Looks really good! Are you going to reinforce the main pcv pipe somehow? Not sure I'd trust just a single pvc to hold up, especially if it will be out in wind.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How's this coming along? Did you get his shirt completed?
We started the clothing and it just didnt look correct. What I determined was that the shoulders and arms needed just the slightest bend in them. Otherwise, it looks very unnatural and as though I was at the mercy of the PVC. So, what I did was buy a heat gun and did jus that..put a slight bend in the shoulders/arms.

Well now my wife is in bed, so I just pinned up the fabric. This is not indicative of how it will look. She is very good. But you can start to see it come together.

I also shortened the arms a bit. I still will need to put some corn husk coming out of his sleeves and out of his legs, but all in all I am happy with him.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks really good! Are you going to reinforce the main pcv pipe somehow? Not sure I'd trust just a single pvc to hold up, especially if it will be out in wind.
Hey jman,

The wood base is just for me to work on it. I will hammer a long piece of rebar in the grass and place the pvc pipe over it and likely a teather to a tree or the house will be necessary.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks awesome so far. What are the hands made from? Are you going to put a light in the pumpkin?
Hands are from Amazon. They are listed as “monster hands” but n reality look more like branches which are perfect. I’m using tea lights for the pumpkin. I also added a strand of orange lights as Disneyland does. Very happy with the final product.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts