Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may know I do a front yard haunt based off of Disney's Haunted Mansion. Well I've always wanted to make my own take on the audio in the ride, and thanks to my friend Lonerogue2's awesome tutorial to use the program Audacity I was able to! The two links are my takes on the Ghost Host speil and Madam Leota. Both of the voices are me but they are edited to change the tone and pitch. Than I added in the music and some sound effects and BAM! I got my own customized HM tracks. And another thanks to Lonerogue2 for uploading the sound clips for me. Tell me what ya' think!! :D

http://www.hauntershollow.com/media/ghost host.mp3

http://www.hauntershollow.com/media/madame leota.mp3

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THanks guys. When I play these they will be played a diffrent way than how you here them. what I plan to do is have the voice in one speaker and than the music play from another. but on the computer it sounds weird when i do it that way, so I just have the sound coming out from both speakers equaly for now for the purpose of sharing them with you guys.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Hey GDFreak, I thought you did a wicked job at creating your take on the audio of the haunted mansion ride. I'm always amazed with people who can create such things over their pc, I couldn't do it thats for sure.
The first thing that came to mind when it was playing was that scene from the Movie Poltergeist where the little girl was sitting in front of the tv screen and it started talking to her, that's what this felt like to me, especally with the effects I was seeing on my screen:) Well Done!

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey GDFreak, I thought you did a wicked job at creating your take on the audio of the haunted mansion ride. I'm always amazed with people who can create such things over their pc, I couldn't do it thats for sure.
The first thing that came to mind when it was playing was that scene from the Movie Poltergeist where the little girl was sitting in front of the tv screen and it started talking to her, that's what this felt like to me, especally with the effects I was seeing on my screen:) Well Done!
Thanks Dutchess for the kind words! In the new HM update in the stretching room, the ghost host actually has that "poltergeist" voice in some parts. So i thought it would be suitable. And I also belive in the HM movie that Madam Leota also had a similar effect to her voice. Glad you like it!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Really nice job with these - the whispering, pitched-up voice at the end of the Ghost Host's spiel is delightfully eerie. Even if Leota's dialogue was difficult to distinguish in your master of the track, I'm not sure it would matter as it has the 'creep' factor no matter what. Loved hearing the Phantom Manor theme in there too; much as I adore the original Mansion, the Phantom Manor's tune is perhaps my favorite. When I can count on having a reliable new computer, I really need to try my hand at this Audacity stuff.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Really cool voiceovers GD...
I checked out the Audacity website as I'd never heard of it before. In case anybody is unaware, it seems fairly easy to use and it's free to download.

Might have a go myself for this years haunt...after all, I can do far less damage with a mic and computer programme than I can with power tools and liquid latex...can't I??:confused::D

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Really nice job with these - the whispering, pitched-up voice at the end of the Ghost Host's spiel is delightfully eerie. Even if Leota's dialogue was difficult to distinguish in your master of the track, I'm not sure it would matter as it has the 'creep' factor no matter what. Loved hearing the Phantom Manor theme in there too; much as I adore the original Mansion, the Phantom Manor's tune is perhaps my favorite. When I can count on having a reliable new computer, I really need to try my hand at this Audacity stuff.
Glad you noticed the PM music! :) Like you said, I too love the original Mansion, but the music in PM has such a beautiful symphanony that has so much sarrow and creepines. Thanks for the comment!

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Really cool voiceovers GD...
I checked out the Audacity website as I'd never heard of it before. In case anybody is unaware, it seems fairly easy to use and it's free to download.

Might have a go myself for this years haunt...after all, I can do far less damage with a mic and computer programme than I can with power tools and liquid latex...can't I??:confused::D
Thanks Baron! It's a really simple program to use and alot of fun also. And like you said its free!

·
Registered
152 Posts
GD,

You did a really great job on those. Thought you might be interested in this as well, its an audacity plugin called FreeVerb, work alot along the lines of Gverb but there is less options, making it easier to get a good echoey (is that a word lol ) effect. I have been experimenting with it a bit now, and i think the ease of use, plus quality of it makes it better than Gverb.

Anyways, its a little tricky to install, so if you want to use it and have questions just let me know. Great job again.. very creepy stuff :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
GDfreak, WOW! I'm also a huge fan of HM and I really love what you did with the tracks! As some of the others said, it's very creepy. The way that you changed the ghost host voice, the pitch and speed, gives it a very up-dated/modern sound. It's great that you're using the HM sound tracks and totally molding them into your own =)

I'd love to see some pics of your HM haunt! *hint*hint* =)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts