Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For several years now I have been making my own graveyard props finding the ones at the Halloween shops lacking in the originality or detail. As a couple years went by I went bigger and bigger. Thanks to Ray Keim of Haunted Dimensions his free paper models of the Haunted Mansions, specifically the crypts of DisneyWorld; I thought I would try making them. I have done one every year, this year being the final one. The first set of photos is of of the first one I did in '13. It is an actual size as those are massive, but stands over 8 feet tall. I also alter the upper facade and change the names to add my ancestors. The paint blending however from a distance does not look great and it is something I plan to fix in the future but all in all it came out looking great.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is the second one I did last year, and is the Bluebeard crypt. I kept the color the same as the one in Orlando but again change the names to add my ancestors. I was able to finally visit DisneyWorld this year and was surprised on how close I actually got this, however the size was dramatically different as the top part of my pillars are exactly my height where in DisneyWorld I have to reach in order to touch them.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow, what a great creation ! You're very talented. I also make models of Haunted Mansion (especially Phantom Manor as you can see on my Facebook Page "Trixie's Models") and I can understand how pleasant it is to have positive comments. This is why I wanted to congratulate you about your work.

From France !

1 - 20 of 20 Posts