Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, thought I would share a project I completed this last weekend. Ive got a lot of good information from this site and thought Id give back. IDK if this will be to a benefit to anyone but....
Our yearly maze is a complete build up and tear down every year. So my props have to be portable and somewhat self contained. Thus, I built a box with a an old window sash for our scary window. I will cut a hole in one of the plywood panels that make up our wall and insert this like a regular window.
I used plexi glass for the actual window... safety fist. Drew the "knockouts" with a sharpie then cut on the band saw. I left the film on both sides of the window as this gave it an aged dirty look. A happy little accident as Bob would of said. Plus you cant see that its really a wooden box as well this way lol... (you can see the build a lot better in the second clip) Simple lightning controller with a cheap mp3 player.

Was pretty simple build, probably took 6 or 7 hours.. as I just waved a tape measure around until I came up with dimensions that I liked. Plan on building another one, which would take a lot less time (one always hopes..) I lucked out and had everything on hand to build this with the exception of the lightning controller. Thanks again HF!

Here it is at night...

Here it is at dusk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I'm considering taking it a step further. Maybe adding a small pc cooling fan and tattered drapes to the front. Or rigging up a tree branch inside the box that would scratch on the window. Idk sometimes less is more....

·
Halloween Elitist
2,890 Posts
Thank you. I'm considering taking it a step further. Maybe adding a small pc cooling fan and tattered drapes to the front. Or rigging up a tree branch inside the box that would scratch on the window. Idk sometimes less is more....
I like the idea of the small fan to add movement to the drapes or this just came to mind, a figure inside, you can't see it when it's dark but when lighting strikes you see the figure

·
Registered
237 Posts
Love the window and I like the idea of drapes.
Good idea Scorpion to add a figure inside the window. :)

·
Registered
527 Posts
I like your portable version.
We did a window that uses a rear projection, and a fan blowing the drapes.
Pete

Video:

·
Registered
455 Posts
very cool and will copy this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts