Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for any articles or information about using sound to improve a haunt, or how to best go about adding sound.

I searched around here and the internet but haven't found any. If anyone knows of anything that would be helpful, could you share it with us here?

EDIT:
Bit more explanation...

I think sound is a very important thing but is often over looked.

I have a Home Haunt blog and I have noticed there are lots of articles on set/room design, and some good info on lighting your set/haunt.

But I can't seem to find anything about sound/music. How sound/music can improves the effectiveness of your haunt and scares.

I know some home haunts have very little to no sound/music and I'm looking for some good info/articles about why they should put more into sound.

2nd EDIT: Here Is What I Was Looking For. Sharing Link For Others. http://www.scaryguys.com/soundideas1.htm

·
What Hump?
1,107 Posts
What type of haunt do you have?
The layout and stretch of your haunt will, in some part, dictate how you go about adding sound.

My haunt is a wooden panel maze setup. It's generally between 2,500 and 5,000 square feet and has up to 13 different themed 12'x12' "rooms" or displays. I use a single computer using "SoundMill" software to set up up to 10 sound "zones" that play a looping track of music appropriate for each room.
That setup requires 10 sound cards attached to the computer. I use a 10 port USB bus and 10 USB sound cards. The I run cables, up to 100 feet, from the sound cards to sets of powered, computer speakers.
Some of my props also have their own sound, provided by the PicoBoo or TStraub prop controllers that I use.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been looking for a program like that for years! THANK YOU Abunai!

Now I just need to get some USB sound cards and figure out how to use it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bit more explanation...

I think sound is a very important thing but is often over looked.

I have a Home Haunt blog and I have noticed there are lots of articles on set/room design, and some good info on lighting your set/haunt.

But I can't seem to find anything about sound/music. How sound/music can improves the effectiveness of your haunt and scares.

I know some home haunts have very little to no sound/music and I'm looking for some good info/articles about why they should put more into sound.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts