Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I'm finally getting around to posting pics from this year's Haunted House prop that I constructed entirely of cardboard. I am actually renting this out in 2016 and may have to create a few more based on the level of inquiries received so far. This was a blast to make and took some time figuring out the right dimensions and angles. There are a lot of really cool folds in the porch and self locking edges in the trim. I hope you enjoy!

12239604_1674424682802455_5047912581526519522_n.jpg

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Take your time lol! The best idea I have is to construct a model using paper first so you can work out all the imperfections through trial and error. Then I would recommend buying large cardboard sheets instead of searching for boxes on craigslist, walmart, etc. I spent weeks looking for the right sized boxes going to motorcycle and PWC dealers for larger pieces. I built almost one complete full size version before I went back and remade it with new cardboard. For the price, it's worth it. Oh, and buy lots of utility knife blades ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's incredibly stable and also staked into the ground. It's fully enclosed on all 4 sides and has quite a bit of weight to it. If you can imagine how a box top folds into itself with 4 flaps, the bottom is essentially the same idea then staked into the ground. Also, there is a beam about halfway up the back that connects the top and bottom like an I-beam, located on the inside. By driving a stake through that I-beam and into the ground it doesn't move anywhere.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
Clicked to see something that folded up easily, and am simply wowed by your haunted house. Great photo too! Definitely will check back on your How To. So Halloween!

So do you secretly design Spirit Halloween's store displays?!

·
bone collector
3,167 Posts
Hi All, I'm finally getting around to posting pics from this year's Haunted House prop that I constructed entirely of cardboard. I am actually renting this out in 2016 and may have to create a few more based on the level of inquiries received so far. This was a blast to make and took some time figuring out the right dimensions and angles. There are a lot of really cool folds in the porch and self locking edges in the trim. I hope you enjoy!

View attachment 274921
WOW!!! What an amazing build:D You've got some mad folding skills there, minicooper82!!!!!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Love this! Waterproofing is my question. Soggy cardboard's no fun so what have you done to it to keep it from getting wrecked by rain?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I'd love to do something like this for a mausoleaum, though I'd probably want to use courragated plastic since it's be outside for a while.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I can't rate this cool, unless a tutorial is provided.;) This would be a fun project. I think I could even to this with those rigid foam insulation sheets from the Hardware store?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts