Halloween Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Would have looked even better if you had a power inverter and plugged them all in while driving home at night. :D
I did think of that, but, didn't have time. I had to get everything out the next morning by 6 AM they use the Civic Center on Sundays as a church LOL... Hummm if I had not... well Sunday school could have been interesting.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Those lights are really awesome! But how easy could they be to make? Doesn't look too hard for those of you who have the imagination required.

P.S. TNBrad You live in the Smokies?
Yes I live in Sevierville, Tenn. next to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg.:D:cool:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Here are a few more pictures of the monsters after the Civic C enter I got to use them at my lovely ladies cabin.The Black lights and red rope lights along the side of the driveway gave the FOG a great spooky effect as it would move down the driveway across the yard and over the neighbors knee wall along their driveway and into the yard and even the house.

A look as the fog would over take the TOTs

and a look from the street

AND HERE IS THE FOG CHILLER I made Halloween morning from scraps in the garage. Yes I was still putting stuff together when I was told it's getting dark time to stop for this year.

So here is to all of you who have the fun.
May we all have another great SPOOKTACULAR YEAR.

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,623 Posts
oh

Yes I live in Sevierville, Tenn. next to Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg.:D:cool:
Oh!!!! So not fair!!!:eek: LOL....I've been dying to go!!!! I used to go three to four times a year between Pigeon Forge and Cherokee, NC growing up but I haven't been in about 3 years (I'm 27). Feels like I've been away from home too long(even if I've never lived there)!!! :(

I guess I will just have to get desperate for a day trip...only 31/2 to 4 hour trip!!!

Oh...sorry...just reveling in my pity:eek:....your tuts were REALLY REALLY awesome!!!!:D I'm going to have to print these off and stick them in the "attempt them through the year so I have enough time to correct my (many) mistakes by next Halloween" file.

Thanks for the tut.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Oh!!!! So not fair!!!:eek: LOL....I've been dying to go!!!! I used to go three to four times a year between Pigeon Forge and Cherokee, NC growing up but I haven't been in about 3 years (I'm 27). Feels like I've been away from home too long(even if I've never lived there)!!! :(

I guess I will just have to get desperate for a day trip...only 31/2 to 4 hour trip!!!

Oh...sorry...just reveling in my pity:eek:....your tuts were REALLY REALLY awesome!!!!:D I'm going to have to print these off and stick them in the "attempt them through the year so I have enough time to correct my (many) mistakes by next Halloween" file.

Thanks for the tut.
Living here can be awesome but there is the trying to get home on a ROD RUN or Honda Hoot weekend LOL. Honey honest I'm on my way, home. No I'm not at Hooters with the guys! LOL. :cool:
Sometimes just getting from the Interstate Hwy takes an hour and a half. And there is the screaming too. Brad!!!!!!! Brad!!!!!!!!! Come quick there are deer in the yard!!!!!!!........ Not now honey LOLOLOLOLOL :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Love the other pics too....you could almost make them into hanging chandliers.
OK… I did have in mind doing an up grade and that would be one of the Ideas. I have been sorting through all my stuff and well there is a lot of stuff. Hmmmm
I'm thinking of redoing the stands so they can come apart so they can be hung but the weight is something to think of. I couldn't use them in the Civic Center as the ceiling is a drop tile like in offices. And I was curious what they might look like with flicker bulbs in place of the Chili Peppers. I will post pictures of the new ideas.

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,623 Posts
If you turn them into chandeliers, might have to make them a little smaller so the weight won't be an issue, but with the same principles. Think the flicker bulbs would be neat, though the chili peppers were a great idea.

(Yes I know about the traffic up there, as we always when up during peak seasons, and driving my sister through Knoxville on Friday nights to get to Virginia to get her kids, but it's still not as bad as driving through rush hour in Atlanta...lol.)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I agree Atlanta can be scary LOL

What I had thought of was making the stand out of Pipe with a phalange at the top so I could just unscrew the top and hang it or store it. Right now they are all hanging in the garage upside down from the feet. in one corner. LOL that's how the neighbors know I'm starting to gear up. the sudden have the candles on them. LOL

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Outstanding tutorial Brad! Those candleabras look fabulous and the pics were great also, especially the one with them all stacked on the car...priceless :)
Thanks for the kind words. I'll have to get a picture of them hanging in the garage too.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Here they are as I store them over the year.
We would hang them from the rafters in our garage

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

OK this is how my neighborhood tells when I gearing up they get spread out all over the portch of our cabin and then the candles go back on.
notice all the spirit orbs that came to visit

Hmmmmmm
I wonder if they have noticed them move yet this year. LOLOLOLOL

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,623 Posts
YAY!!!! I'm finally getting to come to Sevierville!!! YAY!!!! Be there for the Circle Yer Wagens this weekend.

Anyways, how are the candelabras coming along?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
There was minor damage to a few of the rings and I'll have to replace them. I still want to visit the Christmas store on Hwy 66 to get flicker bulbs and sockets to see how these would look upgraded to that kind og light. the thing about these (Chili Pepper) light is I think the black adds to the glowing look. We'll see though.

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,623 Posts
Hope things work out. Surely you'll find stuff at the Christmas shop. Just be sure and post pics of your progress, whether you're happy or not:p. You might get some more ideas from the forum.
I have faith in you though. You managed to think up the ideas of the Candelabras in the first place, you can do it again.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts