Halloween Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we are planning a hayride on about 15 acres. The first half is a field, the second half is a forest and bayou area.

So far we have-
Ambience graveyard scene , lights and sound.

Little doll girl actor on a swingset singing or talking in sing song creepy voice. When the hayride gets past her she will do a sound horn for scare.

Abandoned RV and camp kill. Ambience + child zombie actor who crawls around and a prop zombie.

Meat market/butcher shop built out of pallets with gore and a BBQ pit going for the smell.. As they get close an actor rushes out in a pigs head with a chainsaw.

Alien scene with ambience- steel drums with ooze +strobe lights and "pods" made out of spider web coated balloons lit from the inside with glowsticks

Second half- forest area

Swamp creature scene- just props and lighting

We have a little bog where we are going to out some floating heads and lights.

Throughout there will be body bags, sounds and light to create effect.

So now for the questions. We only have 1 more person we can use for an actor type jump scare. We will be pulling a trailer with riders in the back.

What other cheap but effective jumpscares can we incorporate ?

TIA!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Are there trees around where the aliens are? How about having an alien pod falling out of the tree next to the trailer.

Zombie makeup actor coming out of one of the body bags and start to chase trailer

Tractor "breaks down" in the forest area - creepy clown shows up just as the tractor starts back up

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are there trees around where the aliens are? How about having an alien pod falling out of the tree next to the trailer.

Zombie makeup actor coming out of one of the body bags and start to chase trailer

Tractor "breaks down" in the forest area - creepy clown shows up just as the tractor starts back up
Great idea thank you!

Any idea on how to get the pods to fall down without someone there to control it? I guess it would have be remote controlled?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Great idea thank you!

Any idea on how to get the pods to fall down without someone there to control it? I guess it would have be remote controlled?
You would have to have someone there to reset it at least.

I'm thinking it is balanced in the tree with wire/fishline tied to it, and something kind of like a branch in the road that the tractor drives over that pulls on the wire to topple it out of the tree. Think of an old school booby trap...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You would have to have someone there to reset it at least.

I'm thinking it is balanced in the tree with wire/fishline tied to it, and something kind of like a branch in the road that the tractor drives over that pulls on the wire to topple it out of the tree. Think of an old school booby trap...
Brilliant. Thank you! 🖤🎃🖤

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey, first time poster, long time haunter and prop builder.

Get an air tank and attach it to a fog horn.

Stage the area like a car wreck.

Have an actor playing dead who hits the button to trigger the horn

Gets them every time.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I always liked the the rouge tractor. I'll try to explain, set up a saw horse with two spot light about the height of your guest head, perpendicular to the path of the wagon. When the wagon passes flip on the light and blow an air horn. It will look like the tractor is going to run into the wagon. (or any variation of tractor/car/truck will do.) The actor would just be there to time the light and blow the horn. Not much else he/she could do in this case.
Anyway your ride sound amazing enjoy.(y)

OMG I just saw Wicked Twist Idea. Sorry, I did not mean to step on their idea. It is basically the same gag.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I can not get over the feeling that I stole someone else Idea. The only other thing I think you are missing (because you already have a great setup.) Is some one handing out apple cider and telling ghost stories. They could be doing this either at the beginning or end of the ride. The ones I have seen they were dresses as a witch with a caldron over a fire. And they actually had placed it during the middle of the ride to give the actors time to move to a new location/reset for the ride back. It was a nice touch. Some actors wore the same thing and continued to follow the wagon, some changed mask.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Of all the haunted hayrides I've ever been on, I find the most effective scare is to have actors jump onto the wagon or onto the frame of the wagon and bang on the sides

·
Registered
11 Posts

You could make aliens popping out of pods too. That would get some scares.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts