Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I had a local group that puts on a halloween fest come to me at the last minute to put on a haunted hayride in 8 days. As they couldn't figure it out. I need help. All they have for me to go on at the moment is the volunteer list and hopefully a video of the trail tomorrow. The volunteer list looks like this: 6 dancers, 26 haunted hay ride plus headless horseman and we have 2 drivers and 2 narrators

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Please guys I really need help. This is the story I've laid out so far since we're working on limited time and don't want it to complicated. Any effects or things I should add? Or stuff I left out?

Ash Hallow Haunted hayride Revision Story

Keep the contaminated Rye story exclude the vampires. Have the Rye getting the men sick and turning them into zombies.

Start the hayride and give some back story on the history of what happened and why the men are there. (keep the men at the campfire drinking the rye and obviously starting to get sick off it)
As the ride progresses have the ride narrator tell the riders about some of the atrocities the zombies have committed after drinking the contaminated rye (Have actors hiding in the trees making “zombie noises” loud enough to draw the attention partially away for the story. (We want both parts of their mind distracted) Include a story about a man so terrified of the zombies coming for him he hung himself. (by this time everyone should be expecting something coming from the woods drop the hanged man dummy just above the cart catching everyone off guard)
(actors in the trees move back into position and new group picks up trailing just behind the cart) have the zombies following at a reasonable distance and just before the pond have the narrator should start telling a story about a woman who after the zombies had destroyed her home had ran towards the lake in hopes of finding someone to help but had ended up drowning. (Once he starts telling the story have the cart driver slow to the point where the zombies catch up with the cart) (Towards the end of the story have the plant in the cart pulled out screaming by the zombies as the cart leaves her/him behind) Have the narrator look panicked but ignores the fact that someone was just taken.
(As the ride continues have the narrator sit quietly in shock face pail eyes shifting everywhere rarely talking no more stories have him muttering something about just wanting to go home under his breath) (Zombie noises get louder as the trailer moves across the meadow) (Upon reaching the first turn have the victim that was planted in the cart come running down the path towards them screaming covered in blood just before reaching the cart she trip and zombies swarm her. Have the Narrator scream, “Oh god their attacking!!!” (Begin zombie attack) Zombie attack continues until just passed the pond where the cart starts to ditch the zombies. Have your headless horseman (we’ll call in the Hollow’s phantom rider or some such name) rider come into full view. Have him yell out I’ll hold them back get out while you still can and have him charge off toward the zombie attack. As the ride comes to a close as a last scare have the Narrator finally calming down get pulled out of the cart as well and pulled off into the darkness screaming.

·
Registered
199 Posts
OMG--good luck!! You've got quite a challenge! How about a scene like a dining table that's been abandoned quickly--chairs tipped over, food there, but left to rot, with rats on the table now. A little blood, some scattered body parts, and some rustling or chewing noises in the background. Then, just as the cart passes, the obvously fake dead body at the edge of the scene twitches, and--comes to life! It's a zombified actor who gets up and chases them!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OMG--good luck!! You've got quite a challenge! How about a scene like a dining table that's been abandoned quickly--chairs tipped over, food there, but left to rot, with rats on the table now. A little blood, some scattered body parts, and some rustling or chewing noises in the background. Then, just as the cart passes, the obvously fake dead body at the edge of the scene twitches, and--comes to life! It's a zombified actor who gets up and chases them!
Thanks that'll be a good addition thx for the help

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok finally got a simple script worked out for the cart narrator. Let me know what you guys think.

Upon entering the cart

"Welcome to the Hollow on this Hallow's Eve. You are about to experiance some of the sinister past and present that this place entails. This will be gory, you may get dirty, and it is sure to give you a fright. If you are faint at heart, please feel welcome to leave us before we advance into the Hollow."

(Cart pulls away from gate)

"You see, many years ago terrible atrocities were committed by fur trappers here. It is said that they turned to cannibalism, eating other humans alive. Much speculation has occurred over the last hundred and fifty years. Some assume that they resorted to such drastic measure when faced with starvation, others say they succumbed to the elements, and others yet guess that they committed these heinous acts because the isolation of the wilderness drove them to madness. The unknowns of the Hollows history has haunted residence for over a hundred years."

"It wasn't until recently that we were made aware of the true cause of this madness. Just a few years ago, a group of archaeologists descended on the Hollow. Their goal was to survey the land and mark any historical landmarks, so that they would not be disturbed or moved. In doing so, they found shards of clay bottles and remnants of an old wooden barrel. They took samples of each, along with other artifacts including several skeletal remains with them to try and date them and determine what they were used for. This research led them to find a very strange neurotoxin found in the residue on the shards and wood pieces. It was something they had never seen before. They decided to do some testing on rats to see the effects it would have. Within an hour of ingesting the toxin, the rats becoming seemingly ill. then slowly pass away. After the first rat's passing the scientists left the room, only to return to find the first rat wasn't dead. It was very much alive and eating the other lab rats in the cage. Each testing group yielded the same result, with the rats resorting to cannibalistic behavior."

"The archeologists worked closely with historians that were experts in the area to try and determine what this could mean for the past history of the hollow. Their conclusions were unanimous: the fur trappers must have been drinking a batch of contaminated rye. The effects were similar to what the infected rats experienced, creating an animalistic cannibal behavior. Their research also concluded that the skeletal remains contained minor traces of the neurotoxin as well."

(Round the campfire scene as men drink rye from old whiskey canters) (Vehicle stutters momentarily, narrator seems worried for a moment and then the truck moves off at a faster pace) (Narrator returns to the story)

"This made sense. as there had been many strange unexplainable disappearances over the years. There was the story of a young girl disappearing from her family's covered wagon during a pit stop by a small pond, not far from here. The family stayed for many days looking. They travelled up and down the river calling for her. Nothing was ever found of her except a bloody shoe and a scrap of blue dress. Locals assumed she had been taken by a bobcat or mountain lion that had followed the river down from the mountains. But there were also still suspicious stories of past disappearances. The family ended up resurreecting a rough headstone as a remembrance of their little girl and were forced to continue on their journey."

(truck shutters and jerks, finally coming to a rest about 50 ft. from the trees)

"Just one moment, I will be right back."

(Narrator walks to the front of the truck. Truck tries to start a few times) While narrator is distracted 3 zombies come up from behind and pull planted actor off the back of the hayride screaming as the truck finally starts back up taking no notice of the missing passenger)

"Everyone keep calm please the truck just had a little hiccup, please keep your arms and legs inside the frame. Now, where was I?"

"Ahh yes, continuing on. 25 years ago a local man drove up to Ash Hollow to get away and think. He never returned and his vehicle was never found. The last place anyone saw him was driving down the hill from the visitors center."

"In more recent years, park workers have found piece of bloody clothing, mutilated animal remains, and random body parts within the trees and around the pond. A few have mentioned seeing sickly looking people roaming the park at dusk, ghostly images, as well as the sight of a patrolling native american spectre, pounding hooves, and war cries. The state was forced to close off this section of the park for years due to the wild stories and being unable to retain employees to maintain the park. Luckily, we were allowed to open the section tonight in order to share, with you ,this important historical experience.

(Come up to a picnic table, truck stops as everyone looks and sees zombies munching away at a dear corpse, then a piercing scream from behind the cart as the girl who was pulled from the cart earlier emerges from the darkness followed by the zombies that grabbed her. The scream catches the attention of the picnic zombies who stop eating the deer and head straight for the hay sled. The girl gets close to the sled as the driver pulls away almost reaching the narrator's outstretched hands before tripping and being overcome by the zombies. Narrator yells at the driver to pick up the pace and sits back down.)

"Oh my that was distracting. I never imagined there were so many of them. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea. Perhaps we had better start heading back to the gate. Oh wait! we are at the pond I was telling you about where the little girl was taken, over to the right."

(sees ghost on the water)

"The story is true!!!! There is a ghost.... Thats the ghost of the little girl that was taken so many years ago!"

(Honk and lights go off to the left and a mass zombie attack of the cart begins trying to get at the occupants. Truck jolts and picks up speed again quickly rounding the edge of the pond)

"My god was that the man's car?! Did anyone see if he was in it? Was he one of them? We have to get back quickly. Driver cut through here. We can't go back the way we came."

(truck pulls down a narrow path around the other side of the pond)

"I hope that we can make it through here. It's a very tight fit. Please everyone, hang on tight."

(body falls from the trees holding car keys)(Narrator screams)

(stammering) "There's the body.... this is not going the way I planned... Everyone please stay calm."

(come into the clearing and zombie noises can be heard) (Truck continues down the path in silence Hooves can be heard getting closer in the distance)(An indian horseman ghost appears gives out a war cry and charges in the direction of the zombies)

"Thank god the legend is true..."

(Narrator gets pulled from the cart by a horde of zombies mid sentence)

(Driver keeps going and truck goes through the gates at the end of the ride stopping by the bonfire)

Timed out the story and it fits perfectly with the length of the ride. Tell me what you guys think.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well somehow we pulled it off. 8 people wet their pants. 3 cried. And two refused to leave the sled at the end of the ride. Not bad for a haunted hayride thrown together in a week. In my opinion anyway

1 - 6 of 6 Posts