Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got just enough money this year to get Candy, but that is All. :mad:
The Pumpkin I got will be Returned to the store, we will NOT be lighting the house up this year. :mad:
My Cousins CANNOT make it, either of them, the Supplies won't be coming this year, No Inflatables - NOTHING!!!:mad:
Looks like we will re - schedule for 2009 and do a Big Wing Ding next year.
Otherwise, I am just buying Supplies for next year, this year - DAMN the Luck!!!:mad:
My Dreams of having a Larger to do are Dashed against the Rocks this year! :mad:
I am SOOO Freaking Angry, I could Scream!!! :mad:
We are also pulling IN our Bins of Decorations and my Hubby is Sick with a Cold, so that is a Double Freaking Whammy on my Resources! :mad:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Don't give up!

Please don't give up all hope! Remember that Halloween is a tradition with very little competition (unlike christmas ;) ). Anything you do will be appreciated - no matter what. Just remember all the fun memories that this evening brings, and carry on. You will be glad you did when you see the looks on all the little faces.

This same thing has happened to me a few times - when I gave up, I ended up soooo depressed...the times I tried anyway - the result was rejuvenating. So GO for it! Just do what you can - and enjoy what you do! Hoping your hubby is well soon - halloween or not!

All the best - think positive! Think HALLOWEEN!

·
Registered
776 Posts
try try try again never surrender never quite do what ever you can the last two years have been rough for us and we have had to work extra hard to continue the tradition we are constantly glad we have done what we did. even though they are lean years

·
Registered
44 Posts
Baby Steps.
You really shouldnt have expected to do a "Big Wing Ding" or Pro Style Haunt right off the bat.
It takes time to build up to that and as you have found out, money too.
My first year I just had enough cash to do standing Reaper and sitting Pirate props (they were real lame too).
The next year I built my Pumpkinrot Scarecrow, large black spider, made a better Reaper and Pirate prop.
Then the next year was a financial wreck and I couldnt build anything and had to just put up what I had.
This year I have been buying and building a little bit at a time throughout the year.
Ive gotten quite a bit done and should have a really nice haunt this year.

Take it a little bit at a time and eventually youll get to the point you want to be at.
Baby Steps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts