Halloween Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following my recent post for the cardboard columns, I have had a few messages if i still have the info for the Grandfather Clock that I made from cardboard last year. So here it is:
I had a pile of different shaped boxes hanging a round a while (large box,toothpaste boxes, toilet roll tubes etc) I purchased some garden plastic fencing from the cheap store, and an old clock from a jumble sale for 50p. To keep the 'how to' as short as possible I basically laid out all the different shaped boxes in a clock shape until I was happy with them, cut up the plastic fencing up to use for the finial parts and and the twirly shapes to decorate and the two skulls were off an old plastic Halloween chain that had broken and stuck them all on. I hung the clock on a small hook so I could take it off for the batteries. There is about four layers of paint on it in different shades of brown with a gold tint and I am going to add some cobwebs on the night. The only thing was the clock itself looked too new as seen on the first picture, so after fiddling with the pointers and a gentle tap with a hammer I was happy the result, at a cost of £1.50!

clock.jpg clock2.jpg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts