Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To go along with my haunted manor theme this year, I thought I would have a go at making a gramophone that would constantly be spinning. I posted the other day, where I had made spinning pointers for my clock using a hand held battery fan, and used the same thing for this. The gramophone itself it just made from cardboard boxes and tubes, and I used an old plastic frame from a clock to make the part that the records sit on. There is a hole under this where I have stuck down the fan, and then just stuck the record to the blades of the fan, again the record is just cardboard. There is a flap at the back of the box where I can put my hand in to turn the fan on and off, and where the MP3 player is. Don't how long you could stand it playing for as it is a bit annoying;) I am quite pleased with it, as only cost me £1 for the fan, as usual any comments for improvement greatly appreciated:

D WIN_20170608_16_55_39_Pro.jpg

·
Registered
303 Posts
it looks like it's going at least 78 rpm... good job. The music is fitting, too, kind of that tinny sound you get from old 78s. I like how it is kinda wonky, and the record looks warped, matching the music.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts