Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YouTube - Halloween lightshow rehearsalI just started playing around with a lightshow in my garage and I made a video and put it on you tube, I want to know (besides my garage still being a mess) what other things I could do to improve this, this is a work in progress and all ideas would be appreciated for the big night. I am also waundering if instead of extending the mave all the way to the garage(which would help on the clutter effect)or should I put the light show on the house and surrounding areas.

·
Registered
14 Posts
.....i was already impatiently awaiting the arrival of halloween, but this just amplified my anxiety :p

i always thought it'd be cool to trail a maze into the garage, but then i started to worry that some folks would try to work their way into my house. when i had it all in the front yard one year, i actually had people going up to my front door and letting themselves in [thinking it went inside when it obviously didn't]. given, you could take measures to hiding entrances to inside the house, but i just don't have a lot of faith in some people to follow the rules.

i think that since you got strobe fx on one side and then pumpkins and other orange themed items on the other, you might want to move the pumpkin show to another part of the trail and focus on keeping the garage as the visual trip. add in some more dark, disturbing items to the garage...throw in an actor to hit the guest with one last scare before the "ride" is over...it'd be great. with the strobe going, the guest won't be able to spot the actor until it's too late :cool:

but good job on the light show. it's got me craving halloween even more now :D

·
Funeral Crasher
7,445 Posts
I'm not familiar with lightshows but , I am always looking for something new. I'll keep an eye on this thread. Good Luck!!
I think he's using the "Gemmy Light Show Box". It's got 12 outlets to plug lights/props into and they react to the sound from your own MP3 player. Like this one:
HOLIDAY LIGHT SHOW GEMMY MUSICAL TIMER SOUND NIB - eBay (item 370218547840 end time Jul-21-09 09:00:48 PDT)

Actually that's a pretty good price on the one above (except the $20.00 shipping). I paid $53.00 for mine at Sam's Club.

Hey Magic, that looks wild!! I need to pull mine out of the box and experiment with it.
Your video kind of reminds me of riding thru those haunted house rides at the state fair.
Thanks for the video!!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is the general electric lightshow in a box. I got it at Christmas time because it has 4 extra halloween songs built into it which is perfect for what I want it to do.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I have the same light show, purchased from Sam's Club. Just a thought that I found while playing around with it. I took the the audio feed cable to the supplied speaker and used a splitter and hooked it up to my reciever. It made for better sound quality. I am going to utilize this thing for Halloween as well. Maybe singing pumpkins, etc.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yup they all said he's starting already, so I say in my defense at least i'm not cheating on my wife or going to the bar. I tell my wife if she wants me to try a new hobby like bar hopping that i would try it for her, but for some reason she lets it go and tells me to go back to playing with my halloween stuff.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The one that I am using in the garage does not hook up to mp3.But I do have the gemmy 6 channlel light show that does hook up to an mp3 player but it is not working right Im gonna have to play with it a little bit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts