Halloween Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a garage 2 car and 1 I plan on changing from a dot room last year to a blank face room this year. I have another side which I am planning on some sort of torture room. Any ideas? I would like to have an audience possibly 6 to witness some scene. Any ideas. Thanks

·
Registered
240 Posts
The electric chair seems to be very popular this year. Do a search and you will find many how to's and many more that just showed what they are doing that should give you lots of ideas.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You could do the "half man" scene... where you have a person hiding there lower half behind a curtain while he leans his upper half over it. You then have guts and insides spilling from his mid section to the ground. Its not mechanical, but it looks great!

·
Registered
85 Posts
We did a haunted 2 car garage last year and put this room in it. we put a strobe light at both ends. it worked great for an effect. we put someone right inside of the next room to scare people as their eyes adjusted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We did a haunted 2 car garage last year and put this room in it. we put a strobe light at both ends. it worked great for an effect. we put someone right inside of the next room to scare people as their eyes adjusted.
What kind of paint did you use on the black tarp? We've never been able to find one that sticks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey i liked those pictures of your garage scene. I need some ideas for my haunted house this year. I have a pretty small space to work with, so i might end up needing to set up tarp walls in my garage like you did. Your pictures have kind of settled my fears of it being retarded though, so thanks:D But what i want to know is how i should put the tarps up like you did. Did you have wood/plastic posts holding them up? Im kinda stuck there:confused:

·
Registered
85 Posts
we used a white latex paint and a foam brush. just use thin coats of paint and it wont drip or run. it chipped off a little, but, all in all, it worked very well.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I used 2x4's in the corners and stretched the black plastic up and over. I ended up making 3 passageways in the 2 car garage. I didnt have a finished ceiling in the garage, so I just stapled the plastic to to ceiling and the 2x4 posts. I got the 2x4's from long pallets at my work, so I didnt have to buy them. If you go to a building supply store, IE- Home depot, you can sometimes get free long pallets and use the wood for props. I have to give all the credit to my wife for the awesome paint job.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Thanks for the tips. I didn't know that you might get free wood at home depot though. I'll have to check that out. Im not really that a against buying it though. When you say 2x4, do you mean 2 feet by 4 feet? If so, how did you get the tarp over head level?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I went with the new Michael Myers prop and Im in the process of making a room inside the garage for him.

All the room is (cant really see it) is just a 12'x9' black/grey tarp with some old 2x4s and extra trim I had laying around. So I nailed it to the floor beams and to the wood at the bottom. The closet doors were going in the trash and I figured i would thrash them up. It reminds me of when Laurie was in the closet and he started smashing through the door.

Im open to lighting ideas for the room, and I dont know if I should have his moms corpse with her tombstone or a random hacked up guy or gal. The rest of the garage is going to have chains hanging about with body parts on them.

·
Registered
70 Posts
That's a realistic looking micheal... good work. I'm doing something like you're hanging limbs idea as well. One of my passages is going to have a whole bunch of arms and legs and the like hanging down, straight through the middle. Downright macabre... For lighting you're MM room, I'd go with standard lights that are shining upwards, toward him. Or maybe even a flashlight, if you're gonna use random hacked up people.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I used 2" x 4" wood as tall as the rafters. The roll of black plastic We used was 100' long by 15' wide so one long piece covered an entire passage.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Propboy...awesome...do you have pics of the construction process?

ANother prop for the list.

Dennis

·
Registered
1 Posts
Black plastic sheeting to decorate in Garage

For anyone trying to decorate garage with blk plastic. I just had an idea to decorate my garage using 10' x 25' 4mil plastic sheeting (it's $14.00 at lowes) used in all types of home projects. I'd like to use this to cover my boxes and items in garage. :D This plastic sheeting is sold in Lowes and home depot, I check'd the prices and lowes is the cheapest, it may vary by location. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I got 6 black twin flat sheets from wallmat at $4 each, 2 on each side of my garage will close it up nicely. I got weed block fabric to cover whatever else I need to cover.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts