Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was a quick little project I did today for my carinal of chaos halloween party. Due to time/budget restraints, I've kept it simple, but the posibilities are endless.

The box consists of $30 worth of lumber. (pine sides and frame, ply back)
The mirror is a 1/8" piece of acrylic 2'x60" ($30 from my local plastic distributor.) I might add the same piece of acrylic was 90ish dollars from rona.
The acrylic has been covered (inside) with a mirrored sun control window film ($23 rona) the kit comes with everything you need to apply the film (film,spray bottle,solution,utility knife,squeegee and even a cloth tape measure. lol)

Gave the box a quick coat of white house paint (roller) and some bloody hand prints (red acrylic paint) The inside of the box is painted black.

The film is quite reflective and makes a decent mirror.

Again, due to budget/time I just threw in a strobe light to light the hidden surprize. (set real slow)

Not to bad for an afternoon project.

Btw how do I change the typo in the title? Thx

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Be sure to post pics. :) Btw the roll of film is 24" by 15'. So theres enough film to make 2 mirrors. If you cut the concave sides from a bigger sheet of ply, you could use the convex scraps to make a second mirror that bows out. (creating the short/fat person)
The clown i hung inside is a head with a nylon type body (like kite material) I'm considering mounting a small fan behind him to move the fabric. (got the idea from the "my house caught fire" thread) Should look pretty cool between strobes and give the clown a little life.

·
Psychic or Psychotic?
714 Posts
That's a great project, I love the whole haunted mirror concept and really need to make one. Yours is even better with the carnival/evil clown looking dude inside.

I think you would need a moderator to change the title for you.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,813 Posts
fixed the typo :)

I love this project! I think if it had just been the mirror, it was still cool, but the light up part is just awesome! I've been kicking around the idea of doing a clown theme for 2012, so this is going in my bookmarks for something I actually think I can make! thanks!! :cool:

·
Registered
457 Posts
I was planning to do a carnival theme this year but changed gears and went with a industrial nightmare theme.
My plan was something very similar and it is AweSomE to see someone did it with such flair. BRAVO

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Much appreciated! I actually amped up the clown a little this morning. Your all aware of the mooing ghost right? (walmarts flying ghost) I ran this lightweight clown with the flying ghost last year in my haunt. Before I built the mirror, I removed the flying ghost guts from the equation. Today I reinstalled the mooing ghost inside the clown/mirror. Now he laughs, moos and his arms move.
(dailed up the flash speed for the sake of the vid)
View My Video

1 - 8 of 8 Posts