Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight is the judging night for our 2008 "Haunt-Off" contest that we got challenged to by our friends. I shot some video of the test-run last night. The first video shows 2 of the 4 songs that I did with Insteon and Light Show Master. The second video shows all my animatronics that I built:

• stirring cauldron witch
  • ground-breaker zombie that we call "Ray Charles"
  • flying crank ghost
  • giant animated spider (hard to see in video)
  • animated rat (also hard to see in video)
  • animated peek-a-boo skull behind tombstone
  • custom pepper's ghost illusion
Enjoy!

YouTube - Haunted Drury Lane 2008 Part 1
YouTube - Haunted Drury Lane 2008 Animated Prop Showcase

·
Registered
37 Posts
Great Display! Do you have any daytime video of your moving props. I would be interested in seeing your spider and mice. What did you use to get the ground dweller to spin like that?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I just shot some new video yesterday just before dusk. I was thinking the same thing -- need better video in brighter light so people can see what's going on! Haven't had a chance to edit it yet.

The ground dweller is just a single wiper motor. Got the idea for the mechanism from a guy on here that did clowns the same way.

·
Good Ghoul Gone Bad
747 Posts
Congratulations on the win. I love the movement of your ground breaker guy... pretty darn realistic, imo. Also would love to see a daylight/twilight video of your set up. I also like the lighting sequences you created. Appears you have some nice skills and talent. You should be very proud. Thanks for sharing and would like to see more pics too.

·
Mourning Rose Manor
2,318 Posts
It looks fantastic! Day video would be great to see the motion. Love your choice of music too .....oh it's playing at my house too!! Can't lose with Midnight Syndicate, huh? Congratulations on your win!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts