Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hubby & I have been working on the haunted doll house for a few years. We originally bought the doll house for our daughter at a flea market $25 but when we opened the box we found out that it was water damaged. Undeterred, we decided to turn it into a Haunted Doll House. Hubby built the wrap around porch & we need to finish the greenhouse. We are not professionals but we love it & it's been a lot of fun for us. I hope you enjoy it as much as we have
DSC02228.jpg
DSC02230.jpg
DSC02231.jpg
DSC02229.jpg

·
His name is Roger Clyne
10,125 Posts
As a kid I always wanted a doll house, one like that only less spooky. Now as an adult I still want one only one just LIKE that!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Woowww! That looks terrific! I still have my very pink childhood dollhouse that I've deliberately kept because I want to revamp it as a little haunted house of some sort. Very inspiring!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Woowww! That looks terrific! I still have my very pink childhood dollhouse that I've deliberately kept because I want to revamp it as a little haunted house of some sort. Very inspiring!
Do you have photos?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Do you have photos?
I don't at the moment. It's a pretty basic victorian-ish kit that I think a lot of kids had in... the late 70's? Nowhere near as fancy as your kit. It sustained some minor damage in moving not too long ago, but it's also been sort of torn up on the inside since I was a kid.

My mom made it for me one Christmas, with little electric lights inside and all. And then the lights went out and, perfectionist that she is... decided to tear the whole thing up (including the fancy wallpaper), to try to rectify the problem. And then she never could figure out what was wrong with the wiring and it got kind of left that way for, a number of decades, LOL. Nonetheless.... the bones are still there and given how it looks at the moment, ripe for a Haunted Re-Do! Will definitely post whenever I get around to fixing it up.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My Mother’s Day present was an adorable Bethany Lowe ToT from hubby. She’s joined the merrymaking down in my work shop. I just love how she completes the Halloween feeling

? And I just can’t wait until next Halloween ?

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
This is AMAZING!

When I was little, I saw an ad in a catalog for a miniature The Munsters house. I begged my mom for it, but she wouldn't budge...probably because she knew a 6 year old wouldn't properly appreciate such a thing, and also because she figured I didn't know who the Munsters even were - I just liked the look of it!

I've always wanted to put together my own mini haunted house, but never had the time or patience. But when Is see something as spectacularly finished as this, I feel inspired! Fabulous work, team!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've always wanted to put together my own mini haunted house, but never had the time or patience. But when Is see something as spectacularly finished as this, I feel inspired! Fabulous work, team!
Thank you ?

Last weekend when I was at the flea market I saw a rather beat up but very fixable old wooden dollhouse for $15. It needed paint & glue, etc but I forced myself to walk away. Do you have local flea markets? You should check them out. That way you have a head start & wont worry about making mistakes.

Best of luck & thanks again

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
FANTASTIC JOB i have been wanting to create a 1/12th scale haunted dollhouse or witches cottage for ages , you have now made me think about that as my next project lol , i originally thought about it after reading the M.R. JAMES ghost story THE HAUNTED DOLLSHOUSE , in the U.K. he is one of our most respected ghost story writers , i love what you have created and will definitely look into this as my new project so thank you for the inspiration , if you get a few minutes check out this link its a youtube audio read by Michael Hordern of THE HAUNTED DOLLSHOUSE i hope you may like it , although you might not look at your dollshouse the same way again lol .....

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FANTASTIC JOB i have been wanting to create a 1/12th scale haunted dollhouse or witches cottage for ages , you have now made me think about that as my next project lol , i originally thought about it after reading the M.R. JAMES ghost story THE HAUNTED DOLLSHOUSE , in the U.K. he is one of our most respected ghost story writers , i love what you have created and will definitely look into this as my new project so thank you for the inspiration , if you get a few minutes check out this link its a youtube audio read by Michael Hordern of THE HAUNTED DOLLSHOUSE i hope you may like it , although you might not look at your dollshouse the same way again lol .....

Haven't read that story in years!!! Now I have to go through my library and find it. Funny, I hate reading stories online. Thank you for reminding me.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Kdestra the link i sent is on youtube but is an audio file with Michael Hordern reading M.R. James story THE HAUNTED DOLLSHOUSE if i am using the PC for either getting info or stuff off the net i listen to audio stories while i am busy enjoying the stories , but probably like yourself i love to read the stories myself in good old book format , my favorite M.R. James story is the MIZZOTINT .

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
By the way Kdestra i did make a 1/12th scale dollshouse size coffin out of lollipop sticks to see what i could do , it took me hours but looked great but even though i glued it and

stained it is very brittle as you can imagine , if i could send this to you without it getting destroyed i would , it would so look good in your house , its almost a carbon copy of my lifesize coffins i made for the yard i put couple photos to show you , see the comparison lol .

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hubby & I have been working on the haunted doll house for a few years. We originally bought the doll house for our daughter at a flea market $25 but when we opened the box we found out that it was water damaged. Undeterred, we decided to turn it into a Haunted Doll House. Hubby built the wrap around porch & we need to finish the greenhouse. We are not professionals but we love it & it's been a lot of fun for us. I hope you enjoy it as much as we have
View attachment 553275
View attachment 553279
View attachment 553281
View attachment 553277
View attachment 553275
View attachment 553279
View attachment 553281
View attachment 553277
LOVE the porch brackets are they custom? Currently building my second Beacon Hill. Got a lot of inspiration from yours. Thank you

1 - 20 of 22 Posts