Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Seer of All
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week, while at Hobby Lobby with my daughter, I was eyeing the doll house kits and thinking how much fun it would be to build one and "haunt it".
My daughter reminded me of the one I did for her when she was little and said why didn't I just re-do it. Uh... OK! So the next day, I climbed into the attic and pulled it out and got started. What fun I am having!
Here is a before shot and one of what it looks like at this stage. I still have lots of haunting to do, but I think it's looking pretty good!

·
Seer of All
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mr. Chicken that was awesome! I don't think I can do that in the dollhouse with the way it is constructed but it sure is neat in a shoebox!
But, there is a ghost in my house so no worries. Just look in the left attic window... ;)

·
Foolish Mortal
772 Posts
I made one of those a few years back. It doesn't really have broken windows, it's just haunted in it's color scheme. It's a little different in the picture than real life. It's the same colors of this forum. I am going to haunt the inside one day. It came from Hobby Lobby it cost 25.00 without coupon. I was going to put a weather vane on top but I sit it way up on top of one of my kitchen cabinets and there is only an inch or so to the ceiling and it's bigger than it looks.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Oh how cool!!!!! I would love to do that as well, but only have boys. We are planning on doing a haunted train layout someday - doing a regular train setup but with hanging corpses, dog packs attacking people, just generally messed up. It's on my "someday" list - good for you on getting your project rolling!

Stacy

·
Seer of All
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cool stuff! I have a fellow Etsy Dark Side team member who makes cool miniature witch props. Check out her shop, not bad prices either! Kaleidoskopic Romance
Thanks so much! I've been looking for something like this! Now, if I could just find some tiny crows to go on the roof.

·
Seer of All
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LadyAlthea, that's amazing you got that for free! All I ever find on craigslist is broken appliances and free dirt.
Nice find, great haunt potential!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Love the houses. Transparencies with ghosts or murderous figures either printed on them or hand drawn with magic marker would be great in the windows with a backlight. Or broken shutters and a boarded up window might be good. Ghosts or witches flying above on a curved wire would be a nice touch, too. Keep us posted with pics!

·
Seer of All
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Did a little more work on the house. Re-painted the roof to make it look a little more faded and weathered. Also, I want crows on the roof and they wouldn't show up as dark as I had it. I started boarding up the windows and I really love the way that is looking! More pics later...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts