Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What could one do with an acre of corn? I am thinking haunted corn maze! I may have access to this for my haunt this year. Anybody know of good sites to see where others have had a haunted corn maze? My mind is thinking "demons, scarecrows, pumpkins, witches, ..." would love to know what you guys think.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I would suggest a maze, or go with a path with different scenes in the corn. The latter would obviously be more expensive. There are tons of helpful sites out there, just Google "How to make a corn maze.." You'd be surprised on what you find!
Good luck!
:)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Halloween 2006. Our local pumkin patch donated hundreds of stalks of corn which I added to the end of my haunted house/trail. I hid all kinds of charachters- jeeper creeper and the children of the corn. The kids were great because they were small enough not to be seen until too late. I also lit the trail with orange rope lights otherwise there would have been no light.

·
2,622 Posts
The haunted corn maze idea is great. You also might want to consider saving room for some crop circles and a few aliens.

·
Mourning Rose Manor
2,318 Posts
Knott's Scary Farm had a corn maze last year and had actors dressed in fabric that looked like dead corn stalks....strips of fabric pieces that were the same color over darker brown body suits. They stood dead still at the turns randomly throughout the maze and then reached for you or shook coin cans. Some sat in dorners and then moved at the last movement. It was a great effect! It would be a nice addition to your other characters.

·
Vlad the Impaler
1,302 Posts
I think the creepiest thing was in the movie Signs, where hes walking throught the corn field with a flash light and he points it in a spot only to see a little bit of a figure dissapear into the corn. If you could some how recreate that scene it would for sure scare people. I like the idea because it's not like it's coming after you but you know theres something in there with you...you just dont know what.

AHA! found a clip! Go to 1:20 and you'll see it. It's fast but I think effective.

YouTube - Signs - In The Cornfield

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am thinking I would like to have a theme with it and not just have people jumping out, etc. I work my haunts better this way. I know what I need to buy, etc. and collect all year this way. I am looking for ideas or sites with pics that I can view where a corn maze has been used. I get the "how" to create the maze, I just gotta figure out the scariest things to go "in it." Thanks for the suggestions so far!

GDFreak I loved "Signs" too!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts