Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the most cost effective way of making a haunted cave? We need it to be very durable as thousands of people will walk through it. Any help, suggestions and average cost involved would be greatly appreciated. If you have done one in the past, please share your pictures and success stories.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for the links. I had seen the one done with paper, but I am concerned about durability for sure with so many people expected to go through.

Has anyone ever used spray foam insulation? Not the great stuff kind, but something else that provides faster, more cost efficient coverage?

·
Registered
14,259 Posts
Thanks so much for the links. I had seen the one done with paper, but I am concerned about durability for sure with so many people expected to go through.

Has anyone ever used spray foam insulation? Not the great stuff kind, but something else that provides faster, more cost efficient coverage?

Not me, but I remember one done by this guy around the time I first joined here in 2008. And so happy I could locate his thread after all this time. Thanks Larry for our search engine. Guy's name was Bear. I was so impressed with his cave and maybe it's along the lines of what you had in mind.

http://www.halloweenforum.com/tutorials-and-step-by-step/69755-haunted-cave.html

A few of his photos are missing but all the good stuff is there. Plus some other photos and techniques from a few more members on a slightly different take.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have seen the ones created with the brown paper crumpled up, but I wonder how durable it would be? Do you think you could paper mache with that same type of paper over a chicken wire form or something? Would take a heck of a lot of work, but would be much cheaper than spray foam. Durability again, is a concern though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts