Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to some experts on this site I have decided my yard haunt for this year will be a haunted carnival.

Now, I'm calling on all you guys and ghouls (lame I know...) for some assistance.

With my yard haunts, I play a role and try not to break character (although when kids are constantly asking for photos, it gets hard!) This year I will be the psycho zombie clown who is still lingering around the carnival despite it being abandoned. Here are my ideas so far...

- "Tickets" booth with corpse inside...

- Coloured flags (Tattered) hanging above and around the yard,

- Deflated balloons for that abandoned feel

- Saw the letters tutorial and will spell out "Funhouse" and have a few of the bulbs burned out and letters hanging down...

- Was given great creepy music from users on the forum

What I would like to do (welcoming any suggestions)

1. Big, tattered tent (not sure what to do inside...)

2. Saw the charred body tutorial and thought maybe a creepy scrawled "free barbecue" sign....

3. Kissing booth with corpse or skeleton

4. Ideas on what to do as the clown... in the past i've been a zombie eating out of a corpse and a scarecrow who mills about his cornfield and rests on his stand, occasionally coming down to creep out TOTers... so I need a gimmick for the clown role.

5. Any other suggestions on props, lighting, etc would be more than wlecome!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
122 Posts
my theme this year is CarnEvil and today i came up with a clown trapeze.... since i am hanging lights and flags I figured I can put some kind of Dowel and get a hanging clown and just make it look like he was left hanging there.... I don't know how this is going to work yet but I figured it's worth a shot

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
We did CarnEVIL last year (there's a huge thread were many of us contributed to amassing 140 pages of ideas, how to's and pics http://www.halloweenforum.com/party-ideas-experiences-recipes/115766-cirque-du-carnevil-2012-a.html. My suggestion for your clown character is rent a cotton candy machine ($35) and have the kids come up to the very disturbing clown to receive their cotton candy (of course have premade ones bagged and ready to go for those who are too frightened to proceed)...trust me it's way more fun and cheaper than handing out candy...

As for your charred corpse...fire eater???
Distressed tent...have the tent closed due to an accident: make a sign (i have one posted in that thread i think its toward the front), create a mutilated animal (ape, zebra, lion mask made to look decapitated (spray foam and paint) and make it look like an animal or something attacked.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Heres one i love, looks like you could reproduce it with a patio umbrella and some striped fabric but I'm sure if u PM them they can walk u thru it http://www.halloweenforum.com/members/kyleshelton-albums-halloween-2010-picture65540-circus-tent-entrance.html

Or

Depends how big...if 10x10 is a good size u can buy (on summer clearance) or rent a pop up tent and drape it with fabric. If you want it larger u could gather free pallets and and a large PVC pole to create the tent foundation to b draped in fabric.

For fabric contact hotels and ask for free sheets. Last year the first one I called said yes. First things first, I laundered them again lol. Then grab som oops paint and get to rolling out stripes.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Okay now to your balloons....

I had this same idea last year but sadly the deflated balloons didn't create a big enough effect. Balloons are cheap and can b great filler, use as many as u can.

What I decided to do was grab the large balloons at Dollar Tree (14ct) and simple inflated them and pinned them up in a cluster...to give the abandoned look I stretched webs over them and even had big hairy spiders crawling on them (pic in my album). To make them look aged you can even spritz them with black spray paint.

My second solution (though I never got to make them) was balloon topiaries. These will give u the carnival feel (using PVC as the base) http://dollarstoremom.com/2012/01/pinterest-picks-23/balloon-topiary/. U could add deflated balloons among either of these two options and I think it would look great and give the aged creepy look while still keeping some fun.

And my last option is balloon sticks and cups...cheap and easy...these could even be part of your clown setup and you can hand out balloons to the kiddos

1 - 7 of 7 Posts