Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to create a booth for selling pumpkins. I wont be selling them in the booth but I will be taking payments there on their way in, so I need room for one seat and a shelf to put my drink and money on or whatever. I was wondering if you boils n ghouls had any ideas for a booth?

I was thinking a tall thin pumpkin but wouldn't know how to make that properly. Im sure theres plenty of ideas out there for a look... some of you im sure built a booth for your haunt.
The surrounding theme is a haunted farm. Hay, scarecrows etc...

Typical Ghoul Next Door
The tall skinny pumpkin would be very cool, but sounds kind of difficult if you wanted it to be 3-D. I could see getting the front only into the shape of a pumpkin if you used plywood and cut out a flat shape to attach to a phone booth sized enclosure. Paint it up, and you could have the eye holes with some wire mesh over them - nailed from the inside - and you can paint them (yellow? black?), and the mouth or nose (paint the mouth lower) could be for the money/tickets exchange. That would be the easiest and still look pretty darn cool.

I have crypts on the brain right now, so that was the first thing I thought of - most of the plans out there are pretty much square boxes with a door cut into them, but with some slight modifications, I could see using something like this:
Nephilim : ImaginEERIEing : Crypt of the Phantasm

I also remember an amusement park from my childhood that did something similar to the pumpkin thing above; they had a clown booth for the tickets. It was a peaked little building maybe 10 feet x 5 feet, seating two ticket takers at each "eye" window (that is what made me think of the painted mesh/wire - they had eyeballs with small slits underneith for the money/tickets and a large mouth painted below.

Scared the ever loving crap out of me as a kid. My sister or dad had to buy the ride tickets until I was 12.:p
Cool! Found a pic - not the best, but you can kind of tell what I am talking about... This could be sized down and painted up like a pumpkin as well (instead of doing a big cutout).

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Doesnt have to be... I was looking at a creepy shack like this too:

If any of you have pics of ideas taht would be cool too.
Never built something like that before....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts