Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
It looks like they sent it open in the mail. All I got was the front cover. I'm waiting on someone to call me back.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I got mine in but I have only had time to skim through it. The cover was ripped off mine too, but luckily the rest of it was there too.

·
The Minister of Macabre
953 Posts
It looks like they sent it open in the mail. All I got was the front cover. I'm waiting on someone to call me back.
That sucks... Fortunatly mine came in all intact.

There was very little photograhs, not too impressive. The articles were great, they had one on using minispotlights (LED) wish there was more how-to info. Seems like it was trown togather with little info. I thought it would be better since Halloween and the Haunt season is so close.

·
Registered
436 Posts
It seemed to be at least half ad space, with much less photos of the featured haunts....as these haunts are generally hundreds of miles away, I want a LOT of photos cause I will likely never see them in person. They did feature a home haunt, which is good, but a little more how to would be good I agree.
I will hope tho, that the new owner will get it out on time...the long break between issues was irritating last year, my wife was really hacked since she got the subscription for me for xmas.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Got mine intact.
They used those dot seals, I a not a fan of those.

It is new ownership and been in limbo for a bit, so let them ramp up, I am sure it will be back to what you hope for soon.

They will have how tos in every issue for a while and some of us have been contacted to provide them.

I am sure if you shoot them an email about what you would like to see as far as content they will listen.

·
Grand Poobah
2,897 Posts
Mine arrived in pieces. Maybe a 3rd staple would help or a plastic bag.

Hopefully the CS will be better now, I had to contact them every time a new issue was out last year to remind them I had a subscription.

So far, so good. Was nice to see Davis Graveyard in there again... good folks.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Hum.... I'd never heard of this magazine, but hey! it's no surprise, I live in Canada (which is equivalent to third-world country when it comes to Halloween!!!!! ;) ) Is it worth the price of subscription or is the online version enough?

·
Grand Poobah
2,897 Posts
I think it is worth it simply because of the lack of alternatives. The production quality is really top notch, meaning the paper is a heavy caliper and there is interesting content. The ads are useful because you probably hadn't heard of the vendors before... I keep all the issues.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I too had a problem with my copy.
The first time I picked it up to page through it, the cover came off. A friend of mine only received the cover & the rest was lost in the mail. Sent an email to them using their contact info. email, (found at the bottom of the first page of their website, [email protected]) about the problems. The next day I received an email apology from them, & the promise of sending a new copy. He mentioned that the shipping company had messed up. For they should have sent the magazine in a sealed plastic sleeve, like the previous issues.

With a new owner there maybe growing pains. But, there is a promise of many exciting things to come to the magazine & website. I've been a subscriber to it for many years & yes, the magazine is well worth it.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Got a call back today. They were swamped with all of the problems but said they were mailing me another one today.

·
Grand Poobah
2,897 Posts
They emailed me today saying they wanted to mail me another copy... but I really don't need them wasting money on me, I don't want sub rates going up!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts