Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I just got done listening to the latest episode of Hauntcast. It is freaking hilarious! :D Plus, when you listen to it while you make props, it makes them better. Seriously! I was having such a good time listening to the show that I really zoned in making my props. Plus, I get lots of new ideas and fresh approaches. There's a guy on there called Revenant and he does a segment called Theater of the Mind. He explains the psychology of haunting and how you can use that to scare the kiddies better. Love that.

If you haven't had a chance to listen to the show, you've got to start. He's on his 6th episode and it's so professional you'd think he's been doing this for years.

So, wanted to say a big thank you to Chris for making it possible to have a huge gang of prop builders in my basement sharing adult beverages and talking shop.

I listen to it via iTunes (iPod) and you can also listen to it on his website. Here it is: Hauntcast

·
A Great Pumpkin
3,103 Posts
^^^bwahaha, too funny!

Yes, Hauntcast's are great to listen to as background - just don't leave them on late at night and head downstairs to switch out laundry. You may find a terrified ten year old quaking and whimpering and wanting to be put to bed with the extra special super-safe tuck-back-in that wards off all scary boogey monsters and general fright-alls when you run back upstairs.

Thanks for doin' the 'cast Chris, they're very entertaining!

·
Pirate of the Puget Sound
715 Posts
Great point! I originally thought about listening to Hauntcast with my haunter-in-training, but the numerous references to certain body parts, bodily fluids, imbibing of alcoholic beverages, and explicitives quickly changed my mind. Nevertheless, it's great entertainment and offers useful haunting information.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Haunter, T
That picture is hilarious, so of course I'm stealing it to use somewhere.
And Yes, Hauntcast should be kept out of ear shot from children unless you want to raise another Jeffrey Dahmer or Ron Jeremy:)

·
Registered
797 Posts
SR, in due time. I have Chris & Jeff Davis this month & Brent Ross from Devious Concoctions next month.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Haunter, T
That picture is hilarious, so of course I'm stealing it to use somewhere.
And Yes, Hauntcast should be kept out of ear shot from children unless you want to raise another Jeffrey Dahmer or Ron Jeremy:)
Who's Ron Jeremy and when's he on?
I'm not familiar with his work, but Mrs Samedi is, and suggested I could pick up some tips from him...

:)

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
YES!!!! Devious Concoctions is one of the first prop builders I ran into when I starting exploring the world of prop-making. It's his fault I got into pneumatics. Grill 'em good. heh. Just kidding, looking forward to the interview.

Plus, you've got the Davis's?! What a score! I've always admired their graveyard and then I found out that they have a High School dance troupe on Halloween doing Thriller! heh. Should be a fun interview :)

·
Registered
797 Posts
Baron, we can all learn a few things from the hedgehog.
Terra, the Davis' just rock. They have one of the classiest haunts out there. I'm sure Brent will will also be wicked awesome!

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have to admit, I'm not a big 'cast listener, even though I have 500 yet-to-be-litened-to podcasts on my iPod. I've heard lots of boring podcasts that are like listening to a ac unit drone on.

I was happily surprised at the quality in production and enthusiasm of Hauntcast. I'm especially glad to hear it in mature format, as we don't get much of that these days.

Great job guys, can't wait to hear more!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts