Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I entered the haunt your Disney side contest with the photo below. The idea was the Mansion had finally claimed its 1000th guest, if you look closely you will see the wristband on the skeleton arm, with a pass in hand. Of course the tomb with the arm and the 2 tombstones are based on props in the mansion. The winners are posted here, I really like the themed room and the jack-o-lantern. Did anyone else enter?

·
Registered
668 Posts
I entered the haunt your Disney side contest with the photo below. The idea was the Mansion had finally claimed its 1000th guest, if you look closely you will see the wristband on the skeleton arm, with a pass in hand. Of course the tomb with the arm and the 2 tombstones are based on props in the mansion. The winners are posted here, I really like the themed room and the jack-o-lantern. Did anyone else enter?

Great concept with the 1000'th guest. I think my wife entered our pirate theme.

·
Super Moderator
5,783 Posts

There are those days when I just can never understand what is in the head of these contest judges...

I'd easily put yours up over any of the cute kid pics, though that room there looks fabulous.

·
Hungry For Death
729 Posts
There are those days when I just can never understand what is in the head of these contest judges...

I'd easily put yours up over any of the cute kid pics, though that room there looks fabulous.
I agree with you! I can't believe those 4 won it. Honestly, removing a Halloween Forum Bias, I still should think the room and your haunt come close to a tie on the Grand prize.

Then again, we are talking about Disney who "ideally" only appeals to kids. *Shrugs* just my opinion. Oh well. Time to get the shotgun and take the judges out back behind the barn.. :p :D

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
I am most fond of yours and the pumpkin entry. Just like with AFV, it is always the 'precious' little brats who wind up winning, so I guess that none of us should be too surprised of the outcome:rolleyes:

·
Scaring kids everywhere!
3,702 Posts
I agree with you! I can't believe those 4 won it. Honestly, removing a Halloween Forum Bias, I still should think the room and your haunt come close to a tie on the Grand prize.

Then again, we are talking about Disney who "ideally" only appeals to kids. *Shrugs* just my opinion. Oh well. Time to get the shotgun and take the judges out back behind the barn.. :p :D

Yep.... Ditto.....completely agree!!!!!!! But you know how much I love your stuff! :)

·
Funeral Crasher
7,443 Posts
I hadn't ever heard of that contest. I agree that your picture should have won a prize. I love props that have some humor in them.
Sorry you didn't win, but great try, johnny!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone, I tried not to get my hopes up, knowing cute was likely to win. There were 100s of photos, you can't see them anymore, and lots of great non-cute entries. Grand prize was a private party in the haunted mansion, so I will enter that every time. Maybe next year I borrow someones kid to makeminecute :)

·
A Wee Bit Wicked
1,292 Posts
:)Wow, I'm late to the party but I love your idea! Such a cool concept and execution! Love the subtle humor in your design.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts