Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pick-up this 17"X17" lighted sign and now want to convert it to a sign for my haunt "The Dark Rock Cafe". I'm thinking of having the plexiglass airbrushed to become my lighted sign but not sure how airbrushing will show with an airbrushed front and lighted back...anyone have any experience or opinions on this? Also here's a couple of designs I've came up with...which one do you guys/gals like best?

sign1.jpg

sign5.jpg

sign4.jpg

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hello Jack. I like the idea and the designs! I think your best bet would be to create the image on a transparency. There are vendors online that can do this and accommodate the size for your sign (or you could do it at home if you have the equipment). You could take the transparency and attach it to the plexiglass or sandwich it between two pieces. I think this would give you the best results.
I think it could be done with an airbrush but would lose some of the crispness of the digital designs you have created. I think the House of Kolor Kandy line would be a good choice. The colors are transparent but I would still recommend reducing them a little.

Best of luck and have fun!!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies horrorman and nightfisher. I hadn't even thought of a transparency I'll look into that and, it would probably be cheaper and allow me to change the design whenever I wanted. nightfisher, I'll look at carstickers.com and see what they have to offer. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
The first design by a long shot. The amount of lettering on the second draws attention away from the art. Plus, your sign is only 17"x17", so anyone not standing close or if the lightening is dim will not be able to read the sign. I would think of the sign as an album cover, with limited text on front.

Your mileage may very,

Brian

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,767 Posts
The first design by a long shot. The amount of lettering on the second draws attention away from the art. Plus, your sign is only 17"x17", so anyone not standing close or if the lightening is dim will not be able to read the sign. I would think of the sign as an album cover, with limited text on front.

Brian
I agree 100%, you might even consider reducing your slogan to "WHERE SATAN LANDED"

·
Registered
503 Posts
I agree with the transparency. I took some of my design pictures into Staples (like Office Depot) and had some made up to show on an overhead projector.
I also mounted one on an old light box, just like you have and it worked great.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Col. Fryght and doto for your opinions. doto, I don't think a shorter version get across what I'm try to say but, thanks for the suggestion. Thanks PoCoHauntGal, going to stop by some printing stores this week or weekend and see what they can do for me. I'll post what I come up with and my prop when finished...if it gets that far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts