Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Master of Disaster
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the garage is almost done, the major construction is finished, now it's details (seems like endless details)

Here is 'The Creature'
The Lab.jpg

And the demented Doctor Maul
Lab 1.jpg

There are more characters to add, power, lighting, testing etc.

The sink in the bottom pic was a throw away from a bathroom reno this summer. All grossed up and ready to go.

·
Master of Disaster
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking great. Are the specimen jars prints placed inside the glass? Any chance for a quick tour over Thanksgiving?
Yeah they are printouts, in plastic jars (glass freaks me out with so many people going through)

Maybe American Thanksgiving?
Unfortunately, I'm away during the Thanksgiving weekend, giving thanks :(

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
You guys must really have the itch and cool weather to be setting up already. Down here still hot as H&*% !!!!!:mad:

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,489 Posts
Excellent Doc! You have a great jump start on things and it looks fantastic!! Can't wait to see more!

·
Master of Disaster
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone!!! I would give more pics, but if I pan the camera 2 inches in either direction there are boxes, and piles of Halloween &#*$^#&*%$, that I have to go through and find a place for.
The wonderful thing about photography is the ability to frame and capture only what you want.

F

·
0 Posts
Well the garage is almost done, the major construction is finished, now it's details (seems like endless details)

Here is 'The Creature'
View attachment 171472

And the demented Doctor Maul
View attachment 171473

There are more characters to add, power, lighting, testing etc.

The sink in the bottom pic was a throw away from a bathroom reno this summer. All grossed up and ready to go.
Everytime I see your haunt it makes ME feel like my haunt is a dump coverd in spray paint.... Anyway AMAZING JOB I would love to see some Youtube build vlogs

·
Master of Disaster
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Everytime I see your haunt it makes ME feel like my haunt is a dump coverd in spray paint.... Anyway AMAZING JOB I would love to see some Youtube build vlogs
Oh, that's that last thing I would want you to feel :(

All I know, is that I see things here on the forum that make me feel like allot of my stuff is junk,

Thanks though

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
"Junk" can add so much real character to a haunt display, because it's real! I would have some antique dealers go through my house and begin to think I had some valuable "Antiques" here! "If they are so valuable, how come half a dozen other antique dealers allowed me to buy that item at the auction for 75cents?"
The generosity of people giving me stacks of used lumber, half gallons of paint and numerous other items did make it easier for me to create something here.

·
Master of Disaster
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My day job is really getting in the way of my setup!!! :(

I did put together a gypsy / fortuneteller prop. It's static for now. The dummy may be replaced by a real person on some occasions.

This was literally built out of scrap and things I thought I would throw out (Great, now I'll be hoarding more crap, just in case)

Introducing Madame Noctura

Madame Noctura-sm copy.jpg

·
Registered
471 Posts
Oooh, she is a creepy one. I feel about gypsies as most people do about clowns. Hey I read that book "Thinner" at a young age...
Her hands really make the display come alive...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts