Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to take my haunt to the next level and that would mean to do multiple projections inside and outside the haunt. Thanks to who ever post the link for the projector on Woot. Unfortunately this year I loaned someone my DVDs and am not sure they are going to make it back to the USA. I got some scrim and am ready to take it to the next step. What DVDs do you suggest that I get to accessorized my haunt? What tips can you give me for doing projections? I would love to do the talking/singing pumpkins that I have seen posted. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
374 Posts
This year I used Ghostly Apparitions from http://atmosfearfx.com/ in two different scenes. One I did inside using a hidden projector. I projected the "coming out of the wall" scenes from the DVD on the wall in the stairway.

The second was a variation of the peppers ghost effect also using Ghostly Apparitions. I used a large piece of plexy glass with a painted wooden frame at a 45º angle reflecting the window scenes without background animations from a 42" TV. This was a real crowd pleaser since you could still see in the room, it really gave it depth.

In my main picture window I typically run my compilation of the various Hallowindows I've collected. Reverse projection, so the projector is inside the house. With a powerful enough projector it is nice and visable in daylight, great at dusk, and awesome at night. I have found that a simple low thread count white sheet works the best. Next year I think I'm going to run the "Zombie Invasion!" in my picture window.

I've never done the singing pumpkins, something I might look into in the future..

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many, many years ago my hubby just had to have a frigging huge 56" or so TV. I truly hated that thing. Took five controllers to run it. I believe that I will be using it for Halloween this next year. Not sure how but I am going to figure it out. I was going to get the portraits and use a couple of the 19" flat screen TVs that you can get for practically nothing or the spare monitors for all the computer junk that is spread all over the place.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
We've done a several "different" things with our projectors. The last two years we've placed a projector high close to a wall of the newer exit tunnel we built, then us a cheap, framed, $10 Walmart mirror placed in rope slings for easy adjustment, to project hundreds of cockroaches scurrying around the floor at the exit. We also scatter 80 very real looking rubber cockroaches around the target area. When the TOT actually step on a rubber one, they tend to run out of the haunt. The pics don't capture the high resolution of the bugs because they are moving, but they look very much like the rubber bugs. This year, almost on cue, Spirt offered the jumping Bug, which I painted all brown and hid behind a wall in the "Roach Room." It worked quite well.

In years past we have used a projector mounted high at the entrance aimed at a gauze curtain. The image shows well on the gauze and also on the sidewalk.
Before I was using a tripod, these images were tough to capture as you see. The first is the burning pumpkin at an angle on the gauze, then on the sidewalk.

We also used a vid of flying ghosts on the curtain for a few years, but I never did get a good pic of that.

Lastly, in 2012 we set up the Disney Haunted Mansion singing busts. This has been a very big hit with the visitors - kids and adults alike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts