Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Haunt this year was the best ever. The weather was good, props and lighting were great. We had some new scares and my son had done a great job on new make up FX and costumes for our scare actors. We had done some advertising, so plenty of ToT's and some great reactions. :)

If only I had some pics to post....

Every year I get so involved in running the haunt, that I never get around to taking decent photographs, so this year I decided to hire a professional photographer for the evening. I requested that she arrive around 7.30 to 8.00 pm, which is usually our peak ToT time, which she informed me at time of booking would not be a problem. I also paid a small deposit/booking fee.

She turned up over an hour late, after ToT'ing had finished, along with a friend who was obviously on the wrong side of several glasses of something or other, so I asked if she'd mind just taking some pics of the crew in costume amongst the props in the walkthrough. After another half an hour of fiddling around, she then informed me that she appeared to be having technical problems and the camera she had brought along was not working properly. By this time most of the crew were out of costume and well into the post-haunt beer. End result, no pics of the haunt this year :mad:

Needless to say, I was more than a little unimpressed and am now in the process of trying to contact people that I know came through the haunt on Halloween night to see if anybody took any pics that they could send me. I have also yet to have the deposit I paid returned, and no response to the 2 e-mails I have sent requesting this...

"Professionals".... Bah. :mad: :mad:

·
Super Moderator
5,661 Posts
:(

I feel for you on the no time to take pics. I attempted to hire a semi-professional one year as well. Fortunately no booking fee up front. It went...well at least yours tried to show up?

So, years back, I decided I just didn't have time anymore and was going to light everything just to take pics on the 30th every year.

Well, family heard, and decided it's a great night to come see everything without rushing to trick or treat then piling into a car to make it out to my place. Then, out of town friends started coming, so we started doing some hot chocolate and doughnuts. Now it's a few hundred people and full blown neighborhood party and the last 2 years I've actually cut my photo session short since I don't even get started till well into the night since I don't have time....

Maybe I should light everything the 29th just to take pics every year....

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a great idea, and in the past I have taken pics of the lit props etc either before or after Halloween night, however I was really looking forward to getting some good pics of the ToT's in costume this year with our haunt crew and scareactors interacting with them, which is something we've never managed to do before..

Oh well.. I have the best part of a year to invest in a decent camera and find somebody reliable to use it, I suppose...

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Maybe I should light everything the 29th just to take pics every year....
Better yet, perhaps you can bump Halloween up and make it last a full week... Who needs time and sanity, anyhow?;)

That is unfortunate, Baron Samedi, but it sounds like you all enjoyed yourselves, at least. Hopefully, at least a few people will have pictures for you. Better luck on the photo front next year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts