Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to share a picture with you all. The haunt turned out great, the best house in the neighborhood by far. Everything is handmade, which makes it more fun to share with everyone. I'll be adding a video of a walk through very soon. I believe that all in all I haunted this year for around $70.

image.jpg

I'd love to see your haunts as well. Comment with a picture.

UPDATE: Here is the video. Apparently I have no idea how to film great looking film with a GoPro, because this was the highest quality I could get. Also, as a note, the film started and stopped while cutting off parts of the sound, so I added sound from my original recording.

Hope you enjoy

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks great! I like the giant stones with the lights. I want to build something like that for next year.
Thanks. Those were super easy and cheap actually. I took two pre-existing shelves I had and covered them in grey construction paper and painted on the lines. The tops and bottoms were made out of free cardboard boxes from the post office (also painted).

The lights are made from a small basket I found at a dollar store that I cut the sides out of and hot glued squares of lunch bags to the inside to act as the glass. The top is made from some foam board and another, smaller, free box from the post office.

The candles inside are battery operated from the dollar store.

All in all, out of what I actually had to buy to make both pillars and lights, I used around $5 worth of materials.

I had a lot of people asking what the pillars were made out of cause they couldn't figure it out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you. I will post the video in a couple days, there is a whole sound track that went along with the set up of the crystal ball witch doing an incantation with Halloween songs interspersed in between the words.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I took pictures of the process of making them to post as a tutorial, but haven't put them together yet. Here is a picture from last night up close.
Looking at the picture I realized I also added a Gatorade top on top of the small box, and a plastic hook upon that (2 for $1 at Dollar Tree).

image.jpg

I'll let you know when I put up the tutorial for the lights so you can see them in a lit room.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
14,095 Posts
Columns turned out great and the graveyard too. Very nice lighting. Big overall look. An inspiration to others who might be limited in funds what can be accomplished on a small budget. How many ToTers do you get?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Columns turned out great and the graveyard too. Very nice lighting. Big overall look. An inspiration to others who might be limited in funds what can be accomplished on a small budget. How many ToTers do you get?
We got probably 150-200. It seemed less than last year which I believe is due to it being on a Sat, so families had time to drive to larger treating areas. Wasn't too bad though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts