Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
lies dead but dreaming
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda curious here. I have seen several people post their haunt signs and such, so how do people come up with the names for your haunts? Ours is a play of our subdivision name "The Oaks" hence our haunt is "Olde Oaks Manor"

Oh and show us your haunt signs!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I love your sign!! We are still trying to come up with a name for ours. Would like to incorporate our last name(kenny) or street name (elmwood) or subdivision(gingerwood) any ideas would be wonderful!!Thanks!!

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
Great sign! We used to make a new sign every year that would either incorporate where we were living, or types of plants in the yard...

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
Great sign!!!

I love your sign!! We are still trying to come up with a name for ours. Would like to incorporate our last name(kenny) or street name (elmwood) or subdivision(gingerwood) any ideas would be wonderful!!Thanks!!

I would think that with those two names: Elmwood and Gingerwood, you should be able to come up with something great!

There's the obvious Nightmare on Elmwood St...but I'm sure you already thought of that.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I know what you mean. I've wanted a name for my haunt for a while. It's a little tough because we live on Pacific Avenue in Green Valley Estates.
The closest we've been able to come up with is "Black Valley Cemetery"

·
Registered
88 Posts
I know I was thinking the whole elm street thing but I don't know!!!! Why is it I have a pretty good imagination with decorations but when it comes to naming the haunt I get a total BRAIN FART!!!!!!!

·
The Hobo Spider Assassin
6,111 Posts
We named our graveyard this year in honor of buying a new home and establishing ourselves in our new neighborhood. We chose to call it...Raven's Claw Cemetary in honor of all of the revens that seem to flok in our subdivision. I'll post a picture once the sign is finished, working on it this weekend. The vision is a crest shape with Raven's Claw across the top a raven in the middle and Cemetary at the bottom with Est. 2008 below that in honor of our first haunt in the new house.:)

We had been looking at using Whispering Pines Cemetary or Raven's Hallow Cemetary along with the chosen name.

·
Reaper Queen
8,621 Posts
The name of mine is "Whispers in the Park" because it is set up in parks, I took a piece of material, heavy muslin and painted a reaper/cemetary on it, and have it hanging like a flag from PVC. No pics yet though,
luv10-31, what type of haunt do you have, a cemetary, etc? That will help with determining what the name will be, for instance, a house could be Kenny Manor, Or Kenny Crematorium .(sp?)

·
Registered
3 Posts
The property that we live on is called "The Willows" because of all the willow trees that line the creek bed, so hence our name is "The Haunted Willows". This year we have made an archway that fits on the front gates, The top of the archway is hollow and has bats and ghost cut outs with coloured plastic behind them and then it has two strobe lights. Way cool looking at night. Will have to get some snaps and post them!

·
Registered
543 Posts
I live on a street called Harmon Avenue. 8 yrs ago about 30 min before the tots started showing up, I came up with a name, made a cheap sign. That was the first year it started with a strobe light, scary music, and me dressed as a ghoul of some kind. We had 25 tots that first year. Last year we had near 1,000 people huge lines and our yard haunt has become famous in our area.
The legend of HORROR ON HARMON.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I wanted to have a name so that people could become more familiar with who we are each year and the idea for a haunt name came from seeing the folks in here that had haunt names. Now I put our name on everything & I bought a domain in my haunt name for my web site. Its like having a logo people become familiar with. We also promote our haunt with our candy business.

I don't have a sign made yet but this year we are making an arch sign for the cemetery that says "Collinwood Cemetery". Next year we'll be working on a sign for up front by the road. I do hand out handmade bags at Halloween with labels I make myself & our haunt web addy is on all of them.

Muf

·
Registered
13 Posts
We are doing a campsite haunt this year for camp competition. Thinking of doing a farm scene. with rows of planted body parts and old farm baskets with the harvested crop. Any ideas on a name for this farm/campsite haunt? The name of the campground is Jenny WIley. Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
We have decided to name our Haunt this year as well. I had asked for suggestions from the group here, and they were so helpful. In the end we decided to go with a name that was a little more generic, without any direct reference to Halloween specifically, but still allowing us makes dark reference to it when used in that context. Scallion Creek Manor was the name we chose. So our House now has a name of its own, and our sign will be displayed on our property all year. At Halloween we can spook it up (may even take an old piece of weatherd barn board covering up 'scallion' with 'skullion' (one name that had been suggested by one of the forum members). As our themes tend to evolve and additions made throughout the years, it was really hard to name it based on any specific theme. Good luck, cant wait to hear what you come up with for your Haunt as well.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I love witches and usually dress as a witch for halloween, plus there is a wooded lot right behind our house so I call our haunt-Witch Hazel Woods.
I didn't even think of making a good looking sign, now I will. I'll probably use some generic graphic of a witch over a moon or something easy to make out while driving by.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
kat, how about the name....graven willy's or camp harvest or willy's harvest camp
i change my theme every year, so i change my name. this year i haven't quite decided on a name. but i have a lot of suggestions from forum members

·
Spookiest Lady in Pa!
931 Posts
This will be the first year my haunt will have a name. Starting this year my haunt is called Spooky Hollow Cemetery, I even have a sign made already. I used a couple of the cheap led mini spot lights from Dollar Tree to light it up so it can be read after dark. The people around have know idea what in store for them this Halloween!! ;) :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
We named our haunt two years ago, "Casa de Scareya".My wife,being Italian,and if we were to move to another house. We could take the name with us and it would still make sense at the new address.The translation of "Casa de Scareya" is,"House that will scare you."

1 - 20 of 46 Posts