Halloween Forum banner

Haunt Help

1413 Views 11 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  hallorenescene
Hello all, so I am creating my first semi professional haunt called Fear Farm. It's in my friends barns which are connected, and will be both indoors and out. I want the haunt to contain a multitude of fears like clowns, darkness, chainsaws, spiders/bugs, and I want to have a claustrophobia area. This is where I need help, any idea how I could do a claustrophobic effect? My last resort is build a hallway that gets smaller but I want to see if anyone has some ideas.

Thanks
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Super Moderator
6,564 Posts
Ah, yes...

The side-wall one isn't exactly fear inducing (I'm actually claustrophobic), as it's too easily pushed aside.

The cieling one would be my choice to purchase if I had the space/money.

As the brochure reads, though, they would be best when combined with something else.

· Super Moderator
6,564 Posts
Actually, you can't push it aside. It squeezes you in. You have to stick your arms out and push yourself out. It's like being born...heh :p
The one I went through wasn't that hard to push aside. :( Yeah, it sorta pillowed back, but with my arms at arms length out either end, there was a decent sized pocket around me. Enough to keep me from oging mental, anyway. And, I walked through with my arms outstretched.

(admittedly, I may not be the best judge of the amount of resistance in such things, though. I don't really know the limits of my strength. For instance, I have accidentally picked up a truck before while trying to break a nut on the u bolts underneath... "Cole...can you please put the truck back down")

And, since my wife and kids were close behind me, I can't really ask them, either...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.