Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
The Majority of my display is now up and running, iv got one prop that has decided to pack in so that requires a look at tonight.
Tomorrow just a general tidy round hiding wires, adding cobwebs etc
This year i have setup a raspberry pi cam to stream to FaceBook and www.ossetthaunt.co.uk its a bit dark so will have to play with the lighting.
All My props run off a single 12V and currently drawing just under 5A, which isnt too bad considering there are 6 wiper motors, 2 linear actuators and LED Lighting.

Typical Ghoul Next Door
Very nice setup! Good luck tomorrow!! :cool:

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Managed to "Bodge" (do the Usa use the word Bodge? ..hacked) the Crocodile to get him working again. the 12V to 24V step-up converter let out the magic smoke, so now he runs on just 12v bit slower then before but hey 11th hour and all that.

Registered
Omg it's very nice, you must have put a lot of work into that. How much did you pay for raspberry and electronics stuff?

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Hopefully the Stream is live http://www.ossetthaunt.co.uk/

I used a raspberry pi zero 拢5.00 and a picam around 拢12 - a few other parts i had lying around such as a usb to Ethernet adapter. if you pick yourself up a pi2 or pi3 the Ethernet adapter wont be required.

Facebook seems to have a poorer quality resolution howvever if you stream to youtube the image is perfect, the pi also pushes the cam out to hdmi so i have a montior in my window showing the stream

1 - 8 of 8 Posts