Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday morning, we woke up to find that some nasty person/persons had come into our yard (that we had only just decorated that very day) and kicked over one of our skull stakes. The ground is hard, so it must have taken them a while to do it. The metal was snapped through. DH did what he could to fix it, then we went out to eat.

When we came back, one of our skeletons was missing his bottom half, and there were two enormous bones--real ones!--on our lawn. I just about lost it, but it turned out to be a gift from our neighbor, who found them in the desert. They certainly do add a spooky note to our cemetary. Oh, and we figured out, it was the wind that knocked skelly apart; we found his missing bones behind his gravestone perch. But I would still like to get my hands on the prop kicker.:mad:

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
Just awful!! :( Why kids gotta be like that!!??

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Thefts and vandals

It's a shame that the displays can't stay that way. Some people just have to do damage to make them self happy.
I hope my stuff stays in place. I feel for those that have trouble with their displays.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Just awful!! :( Why kids gotta be like that!!??
It's not always kids...sometimes it's so called "young adults" who really should have way more common sense and respect for people's hard work and property.
That (and the weather) is the main reason why I don't set up anything out front until the morning of the 31st.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Boo on your vandals...Costco sells a nifty home surveillance video package. Funny about the bones. We were doing an "Adopt A Mile" cleanup three weeks ago and I came across an old skull we couldn't recognize. I meant to keep it, but it wound up in the garbage bag. Later I identified it as an armadillo skull. Wish I would have remembered to take it out of the bag, their skulls are weird.

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
yes, you know after I hit submit reply - I thought, I shouldn't have said just "kids" I should have said ANYOne! It is def not always kids.

·
Registered
33 Posts
This is nothing compared to having a kid shoot a pellet gun at your inflatable spider...in broad daylight! So, yes I certainly feel your pain.

·
Registered
725 Posts
To the lady who wrote the threatening letter 2 years ago that stated I need to take better care of my lawn. (the grass was 7 inches high, I measured). I dare you to come in my yard this month. You wont be getting a hand written letter, but one from my lawyer.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Bought a "wrist rocket" sling shot for trouble makers this year, and still have my work gear (Baton, stun gun and 2X Pepper Spray, it burns twice as hot for twice as long) for any "up close and personal" encounters.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
I know last year I said this in another post but it applies here as well. there will always be someone out there that will try to ruin the fun for those of us who love this Holiday....the trick is not to let them get to you. dont let them ruin the joy we get from Halloween. For instance, a few years ago when I had a couple of inflatables my older son came in to say that someone had slit them. Literally took a knife and sliced right through them in several areas. Well I was hurt at first and then pissed. Later that night I was talking to my mom better known to the kids as NANA:) and told her what happened. She was like WHAT???? Now keep in mind my mother doesnt do Halloween like I do, she is a one jack o lantern kind of galP:) anyway she came by later that night and asked my hubby to get them for her and to bring them to her car. She went home turned them inside out and literally put them in the sewing machine and sewed them all up. The next day came by and wouldnt you know it they blew up perfectly and you couldnt even tell they were fixed or sliced to begin with. I could only imagine the face of the vandals when they went by and saw them standing there like new!!! All I can say is "GO NANA"!!!! My point is Halloween doesnt mean as much to my mom as it does to me but she was not going to let some idiot ruin her grandkids day or mine. Thats how I got even. I didnt even let them know I was upset, Im sure it was some kids in the neighborhood and Im sure I know who, all I can say is I havent had any trouble since. I dont do inflatables anymore I have graduated to more complicated things, but I will decorate every year and if one of my props gets damaged by someone I will just think of all the kids and people who really love what we do and knowing how much fun we bring to the kids and adults in the neighborhood is enough not to let anything they do bother or upset me. No one can ruin Halloween for me...Its just not possible.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Bought a "wrist rocket" sling shot for trouble makers this year, and still have my work gear (Baton, stun gun and 2X Pepper Spray, it burns twice as hot for twice as long) for any "up close and personal" encounters.

little hardcore for halloween night aint it? usually keeping the the ****e-heads away is as easy as walking out there in a costume of some kind and having a prop that looks like your costume staged nearby. Scare a few of the kiddos and the word will get around that it is you in the costume...pretty effective and cheap security.

dk

·
Devil In Disguise
663 Posts
That's horrible, I hope you find out who kicked it. Almost every year I have something stolen from my yard. One year they took hay bales that I had out there. Usually it's a pumpkin they take, which is probably worse because I they are painted up.

·
Blvd FrightNight
671 Posts
when i saw the title i thought oh gosh ur neighbors came out with there shot gun an blasted a hole in them. lol im tired. thats good it was the wind to.

-BYH

1 - 14 of 14 Posts