Halloween Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've agreed to change the cat litter in exchange for my spouse letting me pick out our Halloween costumes this year. We have a lot of little kids in the area so I never do anything gory. I do have some scary props for the older kids along with fog machines and inflatable lawn decorations.

I am thinking of going as Mickey and Minnie Mouse, but I am wondering how well we will be able to see out of the masks. Has anyone worn one of these? I am on the petite side, 5'3" 110 and a lot of times the eyes of the masks are above my eyes. I really want to be able to see out to enjoy what is happening around me.

Any idea how the vision is out of these heads?

Hot Sale Mickey and Minnie Mouse Adult Size Cosplay Costume Party Fancy Dress | eBay

*The price on Ebay is much better than on Amazon

Typical Ghoul Next Door
Any of the full character heads are VERY difficult to maneuver in. I made a Sam Hein full head mask many years ago, and even with the ability to have a wide viewing area since I customized it, it cuts your peripheral vision and you can't see where you're walking and items along your sides could easily trip you if you were trying to move around or walk unassisted. Even things like answering a door or picking up items is going to be harder unless you practice because the head is going to get in your way since you're not used to the extra bulk of it.

I worked at an amusement park with actual characters in full costume, and there is a reason they never are allowed to be out without a handler or two. It is SO HARD to move easily. They generally were led to a safe area without anything close around them to bump into, and then interacted with the crowd/kids while standing in one spot. ;)

Reactions: kristinms8

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any of the full character heads are VERY difficult to maneuver in. I made a Sam Hein full head mask many years ago, and even with the ability to have a wide viewing area since I customized it, it cuts your peripheral vision and you can't see where you're walking and items along your sides could easily trip you if you were trying to move around or walk unassisted. Even things like answering a door or picking up items is going to be harder unless you practice because the head is going to get in your way since you're not used to the extra bulk of it.

I worked at an amusement park with actual characters in full costume, and there is a reason they never are allowed to be out without a handler or two. It is SO HARD to move easily. They generally were led to a safe area without anything close around them to bump into, and then interacted with the crowd/kids while standing in one spot. ;)
Thank you so much. I really appreciate your reply. I am the main Halloweener, but a lot of friends and neighbors hang out. We have lots of different stuff to give the kids plus adult beverages for the parents so I really need to have good vision.

I guess I will have to come up with another idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts