Halloween Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
572 Posts
Hey Atom058, I am going to attempt to make an animatronic talking skull. I'm going to get a servo controller from J-Man later for this project. I am wondering what is the blow-mold skull from Walgreens you mentioned in your post? Maybe this would be a good one for me to start on.

· Registered
572 Posts
Thanks neverheart. I haven't seen the blow mold skulls in our local stores so I was curious about them. I am not attempting a 3 axis right now. Going for the moving jaw first to see how I do. I just got a talking bucky skull. Wicked grandma got tired of me complaining about not having a talking Skelton so she bought one for me already set up. I'm still going to make my own after his halloween. I'm going on order a servo controller from j-man and see if I can do it. I just don't have enough time to do it before this halloween as I already have several projects to complete for this year.

j-man, I just saw a Lindberg pirate skull on ebay for $19. Is that the same thing?

· Registered
572 Posts
J-man, I'm not sure. I will ask when I see her. I know she had it for awhile and was keeping it for a surprise
It is a bucky sort of plug and play thing. Came with the controller and servo installed. Was fairly expensive I think. Around $100. All I had to do was plug in my mp3 player with the audio track and adjust the jaw movement. She said she thought even I could manage that. I suspect she got it on amazon or ebay from someone.

· Registered
572 Posts
Ok j-man, after putting wicked grandma in an interrogation room, under a bright light, and threatening to not allow her to put any children in the cauldron this year, she fessed up. Here is the scoop. She has a friend who was at a swap meet a few weeks ago. She saw the skull and knowing how we are always looking for Halloween props sent wicked a photo and asked if she wanted it. Didn't know if it worked. Wicked said yes and low and behold it worked. I did have to use the info you sent me to help figure out how to adjust it. Everything was already hooked up. Just put batteries in it and connected my mp3 player. Was $40.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.