Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our fall festival was this past Saturday, so all the pressure is off (WHOOP!) and I'm looking to 2015. My brother sent me this link this morning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB8D2QZ9lA4

I am in absolute awe. We run a neighborhood haunted house and this thing would be AWESOME to taunt the folks in the que line with. My question is - has anyone ever dressed a drone? Obviously, the design has to accommodate the fabric around it, not to mention the extra weight. Has anyone done something like this personally or found a good DIY site? I feel the need to get started on this and test it out before Halloween next year. ;)

Stacy

·
Registered
277 Posts
Matthew's right--there's even a video on how it was done. I did see another video where someone built a ghost directly on a quad copter and flew it up and down a residential street. So yes, it can be done, but the risk is too great IMHO.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Man that link is hilarious - Funniest thing I have seen in a long time - But in all fairness, if I saw that thing flying at me, I would run like hell too!

·
Registered
54 Posts
You can use chicken wire to build a kind of bubble around the drone to keep the material out of the props. Then dress it up and keep the costume as light as possible. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts