Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have not tried these, they are wonderful. My little girl just loves them. They are very inexpensive to make (under ten dollars if you have spare 12 volt power packs laying around) and very easy. No soldering unless you just want too. While sitting here waiting for my phone to ring, I strung up 4 flies in under two hours.(we had a trial and they were convicted-this IS Texas) Search for "fireflies" on the Monster list of Halloween projects and you will see the link to the instrucion page by T.R. Shaw. He also sells them if you don't want to make your own. His web site says they will not be avaialble until later in 2003 due to him redesigning them. I think they work great now, can't wait to see what he is doing to modify them.:D

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Sounds great Wolfenhowie, I love that kind of effect for my yard haunt--combine the flies with the insect/creature eyes effect and viola! Instant creeps, lol. I've added the links for the monster page list and the fireflies project so people can link to it directly. Thanks again Wolfenhowie--and glad to see you back.

http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/Disney/imagineering/Fireflies.html

http://markbutler.8m.com/monsterlist.htm

"The banshee shrieks with WICKED delight, on this, a cold and death filled night!"

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Still kinda new to how to post links and all that stuff. Looking to build a website eventualy. Thanks for posting the links!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Welcome! :D and I have a question--did you make your flies white? or do the bulbs come in colors? I'd like to make mine firefly green--or maybe the light orange like at Disneyland.

"The banshee shrieks with WICKED delight, on this, a cold and death filled night!"

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The bulbs from radio shack came clear. I'm sure you could put a green wash on them though. I have a power supply that allows me to lower the voltage which gives them an orange look-pretty cool. If you paint them, let me know how they work. I'm going to see what kind of paint I have laying around and experiment on one myself. I know the real ones that I saw last night are a yellow/green color.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I've not had much luck in the past with paint staying on blubs, but I think with the low voltage of those blubs, it may not be a problem. Yeah, if you do try it let me know how it comes out, I'd really like to make these--and I should start soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts