Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Straight mylar sheeting, like 3mil? On a roll - no I doubt it will work well for you.

I used a roll of that for covering a alien spaceship last year. Somewhat hard to work with and keep from crinkling, etc.

If you do use it, it will require a pre-curved plywood type backing. Then gently roll out the film onto it with a spray glue.

I can't find the link now, but there is a company that sells a plastic 'mirror' that can be flexed into funhouse shapes, but is way more durable.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I should add: in order to a person to see themselves - the surface needs to be very flat horizontal. Even when stretched tight on my spaceship, very small natural ripples in the plane of the horizontal - made it 'reflective' but only of scattered light, not an real image.

Make sense? Hard to explain. Anyway the plywood backing would have to be super flat on planer then curved in a wavy way up and down...the pre-made mirror being of a single sheet of thicker plastic, can create this surface need for a image reflection.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Make sure you get a thick mil mylar. I bought some to do the very same thing for a mirror and it turned out horrible. Wrinkles, and tore easily cause it was thinner than tissue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts