Halloween Forum banner

121 - 140 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
I really thought we would hear something by Halloween also. Hope they are OK and happy and while it would be comforting to know they are alright, I wish them all the best in wherever they are and whatever they are doing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
A week and still nothing. Rot said that this was going to be a Corn Witch-themed display for the 10-year anniversary of his 2009 display. It was a big deal. I'm sad that nothing has come about. I hope he and his family are alright.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I noticed that Bean's blog is now set to "invitation only" status. I've always enjoyed reading her poems, so I've been missing her updates as well. This leads me to believe that something has happened in their private life, which could be SO many things. We can speculate, of course, but I'm sure that they have a strong reason for keeping it private. It's human nature to be curious, and since we enjoy their works, we feel connected to them. We're all understandably worried, because even though we don't know them personally, we are a caring community. Still, we'll just have to respect that they are choosing to keep out of the spotlight for the moment. Let's just send good vibes, prayers, positive mojo, or whatever you subscribe to, their way.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I deleted my bookmark. I'll be happy if we hear something, but I'm going to stop actively looking now. I hope they're okay.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,002 Posts
I can't get into specifics, but I had it confirmed that he is dealing with some personal issues. No idea when he'll return at this point.

Oh that is terrible that it wasn't better news. I was hoping it was just he was super busy with amazing things.

I am so sorry for whatever it is he and his family are dealing with. I hope Rot is finding strength and love with friends and family to get through whatever issues he is dealing with.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,002 Posts
I'm sorry for being vague, but I'm trying to be respectful of privacy, while at the same time giving an update to all the worried folks. If I hear anything more that I can share, I'll definitely let y'all know.
There is absolutely nothing to be sorry over.

Rot doesn't owe us anything, and you certainly don't either.

While he's technically a public persona, he is first and foremost a human being that deserves privacy and consideration to deal with whatever obstacles/issues he's dealing with.

I can only say I'm grateful to know any information he cares to share (thorough you or any other format) with the community. He is a dearly beloved artist/creator of amazing things, and his contributions to the genre/community will always be legend even if he chooses to retire from this part of his life for whatever reason.

Thank you so much (and him if you are close to him/his family) for allowing us to know he's still out there, but his only and main priority is rightfully taking whatever time he needs to come to terms with whatever it is he needs to work on/through.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,765 Posts
I'm just thankful he's shared his work with the world at all. If he never creates anything else or never sets claws on the internet again we will still have the awesome works he's left us.

Wow. That makes it sound like he's dead. That's NOT how I meant it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can confirm what The Gill-Man said. There are personal issues going on, and due to respecting their privacy I will not mention what is going on.
I have only heard from one person and not the other though. I have been emailing the one I have not heard from, but unfortunately have not gotten a response. I do not know who Gill-Man got his info from, but I also can confirm that both are alive and well. I am HOPING to hear from the other soon.
Sometimes life just takes a turn, and you have to stop your usual routine and deal.

121 - 140 of 164 Posts