Halloween Forum banner

101 - 120 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
He is in the witness protection program obtaining a new identity. No one knows. There was another thread that got frozen because it was bombarded with a ridiculous amount of members asking his whereabouts. I hope that no one takes this the wrong way, but the man has a right to privacy if that is what he would like at the moment.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
We already have 2 threads, both locked, about this very subject & the answer to every single one is:
No one knows.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,828 Posts
Merged all three threads into the main one, and will relock it at this time. ;)

No word still, no one who knows him is talking, so likely a planned hiatus.

His last social media posts were made on the summer equinox.

Tomorrow (Monday, September 23, 2019) is the autumn equinox...

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,828 Posts
TL/DR for this mega thread

PumpkinRot (and his wife Bean) disappeared from all blog/social media interaction as of June 2019 (summer equinox). Neither has made any posts/communicated in any public format since that date. Several of their friends/family members have been contacted by people that know them asking about what happened, and there is absolutely nothing known - including from Rot's brother, who should at least know his real name and address and whether something DID actually happen.

As no one has been told anything, it's either so personal/private that it is none of anyone's business, or else it's a deliberate hiatus and he'll let his fans know what's brewing when he's good and ready.

We've had MANY threads started in the last month with wild speculations and talk of contact/tracing of a very private person, which led to some worry over invasion of privacy, heated disagreements, and people being upset enough to leave the Forum. As there is no new information, this resulted in all threads on the subject being merged and then locked.

All we can do is consider that this is not a situation that he or his family/friend circle feel necessary to share with his public/fans. Hopefully he's just super busy and has some lovely horror in the works he'll be unveiling soon...

Therefore, our officially unofficial stance is: no one knows, we may never know. If we're lucky, we'll find out if or when anyone involved feel it necessary to share, or if Rot decides to come back to social media. In the meantime, all we can do is wish him and Bean well, and let them know the haunt community cares and misses them.

Post that you love them, post that you miss them, post about how awesome they are or what projects you love from Rot or how beautiful Bean's poetry or photos are... but be respectful. Both to them, and to the other members on this Forum.

I am merging THIS thread with the existing mega-thread, and will leave it unlocked, but WARNING: anything that veers off into stalking/harassing/rude stuff - will be subject to removal and the thread may be locked down again.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,828 Posts
Hey everyone,

Anyone know what's up with Pumpkinrot? Nothing has been posted on the blog since June.
Merging your thread with the existing one. :)

No sign at all from Rot or his wife, Bean and no word from any people that actually do know them in real life whether we should be concerned or if this is just a buildup to something. I am very sad. I hope they're okay.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Merging your thread with the existing one. :)

No sign at all from Rot or his wife, Bean and no word from any people that actually do know them in real life whether we should be concerned or if this is just a buildup to something. I am very sad. I hope they're okay.
oop sorry Frankies girl...I should have searched the forum first. I am officially worried now

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,828 Posts
oop sorry Frankies girl...I should have searched the forum first. I am officially worried now
Not a problem! The thread got buried (ha! graveyard joke!) and it IS very worrying that there's been no signs at all. :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know if this was mentioned yet but he stopped posting shortly after calling Bethesda out on using his pumpkin/scarecrow images in Fallout 76. Maybe they "dissappeared" him, or their lawyers sent a cease and desist else they'd sue him into oblivion.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I don't know if this was mentioned yet but he stopped posting shortly after calling Bethesda out on using his pumpkin/scarecrow images in Fallout 76. Maybe they "dissappeared" him, or their lawyers sent a cease and desist else they'd sue him into oblivion.
Maybe. If there was any sort of legalities going on though it would be more of a "gag order". But there may be something to the photo in his last posting. It's a hat-less broken and tattered Johnny Appleseed Scarecrow.

101 - 120 of 126 Posts