Halloween Forum banner

81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just tried to look it up on IMDB and it says I have to be a pro member to see details about the film, since it's in production. Do you have a pro account there?
No I don’t, and I wasn’t looking for details, just noted that it was in production. Came to a logical (?) conclusion given his past movie work and the quote in his last post. I was more -trying to quiet any feelings that something terrible had happened- than anything else.

I’m a fan of his blog and style, so I personally wouldn’t want to (do anything to) infringe on the privacy he so obviously values. My supposition satisfies me unless and until more concrete information appears or he posts about how awesome his summer was. 🙂

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm just going with the theory his props came to life and dragged him off into the swamp.

It's how he'd have wanted to go. ;)
Knowing Rot I would have to agree. To calm the paranoia I'm sure they are fine otherwise his family would have said something. We'll just have to wait and see what they have been up to. Not to sound too gruesome but I keep envisioning that one day soon a mysterious grainy video clip shows up on one of his social media accounts. It's hard to make out just a snippet of what appears to be someone inside a car that just had an accident in a swampy area. Then a few weeks later a couple of grainy photos show up on another social media account. Then Halloween eve just before midnight an assortment of high quality photos start appearing on his blog, followed by a video showing a rusted car, covered in moss and vines with what appears to be corpsed victims inside. All this has been meticulously displayed on his front lawn. In the background are Rot and Bean sipping on Pumpkin Latte's handing out Halloween candy...

·
Registered
680 Posts
When you become a [semi] public figure, you will probably have fans, and those fans will probably care if you get dragged off into the night screaming for help. If you vanish they will wonder about your well-being.

Goes with the territory.

What would really be "disrespectful" is if people who have followed someone for years just didn't care if the ground came to life and swallowed him up.

Its the Internet, and this is how people show their love: by caring what happens to you and then speculating on a message-board. Goes with the territory.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Seriously hoping everything is okay. Just found this thread, and as others have stated, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's been concerned.

Let's keep this thread alive for now; keep sharing our concerns/thoughts, as well as any info.

Coming together for support (for the Rot family, but also for each other, as we all panic about his disappearance lol) is what we Halloween people are all about!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think we can agree that this point, we've exhausted our known leads.

Reaching out to Rot's family/friends doesn't seem like overstepping bounds initially (especially from a place of genuine concern).

We haven't heard anything, and since most of them seemed sympathetic to our concerns at first, it doesn't seem likely that all of them would suddenly not care enough to give us an answer.

Which leads me to my current theory: They checked in with Rot/Bean, and whether something horrible happened (God forbid), or they're just laying low for a while (for whatever reason), either Rot or Bean has requested their family/friends not to share any info with us.

This leads us to two important points:

1) They are purposefully leaving us out of the loop. We have to respect their secrecy. We shouldn't reach out to them, their family, or their friends.

2) Since they are leaving us in the dark intentionally, it's quite likely that Rot is working on something, and has requested complete discretion. So, we can probably stop worrying, and instead get excited for his next project.

Anyways, those are my thoughts. I'm curious to see what everyone else thinks of these theories.

This disappearance has me like

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,826 Posts
MOD NOTE: I am not sure why people feel the need to leave due to disagreements? I skimmed though and saw no harsh language or anything specifically horrible, so I'm honestly baffled myself. If anyone does have instances of anyone else threatening or being a jerk... please do remember to report that sort of thing so the Mod Squad can take a look. We want folks to be happy here, but we can't fix what we don't know about.

Moderators are unable to delete/remove accounts.

If you truly feel it necessary to completely remove your account then you'll need to request this from our site's admin. https://www.halloweenforum.com/members/halloweenadmin.70026/

And as far as Mr PumpkinRot... he's been contacted probably tons by now. His friends/family members likely are aware. At this point, silence should be considered intentional.

We'll know when he wants us to know anything. ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
MOD NOTE: I am not sure why people feel the need to leave due to disagreements? I skimmed though and saw no harsh language or anything specifically horrible, so I'm honestly baffled myself. If anyone does have instances of anyone else threatening or being a jerk... please do remember to report that sort of thing so the Mod Squad can take a look. We want folks to be happy here, but we can't fix what we don't know about.

If you truly feel it necessary to completely remove your account then you'll need to request this from our site's admin. https://www.halloweenforum.com/members/halloweenadmin.70026/

And as far as Mr PumpkinRot... he's been contacted probably tons by now. His friends/family members likely are aware. At this point, silence should be considered intentional.

My thoughts exactly, thanks Frankie's Girl.

·
crossfit zombie
7,452 Posts

Agreed silence should be considered intentional

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just registered to chime in on this thread. I too am a huge fan of Rot and have been wondering where he went, and my internet search led me here. Its been mentioned before on this thread, and I’m chiming in to say that my theory is also rooted in his last post. He quotes a line about awakening on the first day of summer from the book Dandelion Wine. That post was made on June 21st, the summer solstice (aka the first day of summer). My guess is that he’s “taking the summer off”, for whatever reason, projects, movie, just to disconnect etc. Now if I were a gambler, I’d put money down saying that he’ll be back on the fall solstice, September 21st – the first day of fall.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just registered to chime in on this thread. I too am a huge fan of Rot and have been wondering where he went, and my internet search led me here. Its been mentioned before on this thread, and I’m chiming in to say that my theory is also rooted in his last post. He quotes a line about awakening on the first day of summer from the book Dandelion Wine. That post was made on June 21st, the summer solstice (aka the first day of summer). My guess is that he’s “taking the summer off”, for whatever reason, projects, movie, just to disconnect etc. Now if I were a gambler, I’d put money down saying that he’ll be back on the fall solstice, September 21st – the first day of fall.
That's brilliant! I can't believe I didn't put that together myself. I think you're on to something here.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Going by Protector 3's theory, we may only have to wait two weeks before he might pop up again (September 21st) The anticipation is excruciating.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,826 Posts
MOD NOTE: really wanted to avoid doing this but thread locked.

If someone wants to leave - for any reason - they are totally fine to do so. Maybe they hated the image we used at the header, or maybe someone just rubbed them the wrong way. It happens. We are all very diverse individuals and sometimes folks just don't get along no matter if there is a shared interest or not.

Just because you or I or the next fella may not agree or be confused over the why... just wish them well and let it alone.

I am removing the thread hijacks about who said what and who wants to leave the site due to disagreements and going to hopefully unlock this thread sometime later when things cool down and hope for a happy update about PumpkinRot and "what he did this summer" that is sure to be a lovely surprise.

If and when PumpkinRots reappears, any member is welcome to post here to proclaim it or discuss it (please keep it on topic and respectable tho! :D )

No one is in trouble or anything, but I really don't want this thread cluttered up with the back and forth over a hijack/detour that veers way off subject anyway. ;)

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Because no one knows anything, so there isn't much point in keeping it going. If someone learns something they can share it in a new thread. No point in starting one asking the same question as in the old one.

81 - 100 of 126 Posts