Halloween Forum banner

61 - 80 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Stars and stones I hope all is well. I don't want to contribute to the paranoia. But the only other thing I can think of is foul play. If there's an active investigation going on we wouldn't know and people wouldn't talk.
Rejecting this theory on the strength of, people are murdered or die ~all the time~ by malice aforethought, and their families dont keep it quiet because of an investigation. To the contrary! There's funerals, its all over the news etc. Death by crime is super hard to keep secret. So, for this reason alone I'm saying this aint it.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed the blog at pumpkinrot.com has gone silent for almost a month now. Usually he posts 2-3 posts a day, or every 2 days at the longest/least. If he is going to be away, he always says so.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this, but I just wondered if anyone else had heard anything
Has there been any update?

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
We already have a thread about this:

·
Registered
15 Posts
The other thing that got me thinking is that from what I understand, their house is decorated all year around. It’s gotta be one of the only houses like it on the block. I’m surprised there isn’t
More photos of it on social media somewhere from people that may find it odd.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Been following the discussion and decided to do what I do best and be nosy. Spent an hour trying to connect dots and....I believe his last post was a cryptic hint.

Dandelion Wine is being made into a movie. I’d bet dollars to donuts he’s working.

On another note, the man has got ‘being anonymous on the internet’ down to a science! He’s even listed in the IMDb for his movie work as....Pumpkinrot. If he ever needs a side hustle, he should teach people how he’s managed to be one of the most invisible -yet highly visible person- I’ve ever tried to find.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry I couldn't figure out how to edit previous post: Rot lives in Bucks County, Pennsylvania so if anyone near there hears anything.
Thanks for the lead. It's fucked up but yeah, I could not find anything in the bucks county obituaries that stood out to me as Rot or Bean. I searched from June 21st (last blog) to today and found 300+ entries.

So, obviously the lack of info there is good news and we should keep that box unchecked for now. It's unfortunate that we have thought about this but without more personal info and unanswered emails what other resources do we have?

If the Rot family is following this at all, I sincerely hope they are okay and that they see the amount of support from this community.

I have also reached out to people who are closer to Rot than I, and no one has heard anything..

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not sure if anyone googled the quote he put up "You had only to rise, lean from your window, and know that this indeed was the first real time of freedom and living, this was the first morning of summer." But yeah its from Dandelion Wine, so I'm hoping he's just working, but man I miss his posts on facebook.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This whole thing kinda reminds me of Rots Granger Taylor post from April 15 2019, about that guy who just disappeared. He told his family that he would be back in three years and no one knew what happened to him. I was trying to look back at old post for clues, he normally has post that kind of hint to his Halloween theme for that year, I was hoping that this was the case here and he will show up and surprise us all on Halloween with something awesome.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
This same cryptic thing happen to a Youtuber named Zemalf. I followed him because he has a cool voice and did wonderful "let's play" gaming. He just feel off the face of the earth, about a year passed and nobody knew nothing but finally he emerged with a simple Twitter post.

Sometimes you just to busy and life gets in the way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just registered to this forum specifically to find out if anyone knew what was going on with Rot & Bean. Glad I'm not the only one. I posted to a few Halloween/DIY haunters groups on Facebook and nobody knows anything there, either. I hope Rot emerges again soon, maybe he will finally come out after Labor Day?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Let me preface this by saying I am an extraordinarily private person and I am speaking from my own personal viewpoint only. Everyone here has been amazing, so please don’t take what I am going to say as disrespect because it is not. It is simply to tell you the way I think and nothing more....

Again, not to seem disrespectful, but don’t you all think if he wanted you to know where he is, that he would tell you?

I see people posting the county he lives in etc and to me if people are contacting his family or friends and not getting a response, perhaps he doesn’t want to be found. From what I’ve read he is a private person anyway. An entire thread of people looking for him to me is invasive.

Again, I am not saying this to be disrespectful to anyone here. I guess the viewpoint I have is that perhaps he wants his privacy and that should be respected.

Everyone in this forum is fantastic. Kind and caring and so am I. I’m not trying to offend anyone here. I’m simply saying as someone who is very private myself, that if I go underground and I want some space for whatever the reason may be, I wouldn’t want several people looking for me on a public forum.

Obviously many here know this person far better than I, but from what I’ve read on this thread it wasn’t hard to find his name and home address via web registration data and I’m guessing this is the last thing that a private person would want. 💕💕

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not to seem disrespectful, but don’t you all think if he wanted you to know where he is, that he would tell you?

I see people posting the town he lives in etc and to me if people are contacting his family or friends and not getting a response, perhaps he doesn’t want to be found. From what I’ve read he is a private person anyway. An entire thread of people looking for him to me is invasive.

Again, I am not saying this to be disrespectful to anyone here. I guess the viewpoint I have is that perhaps he wants his privacy and that should be respected.

Everyone in this forum is fantastic. Kind and caring and so am I. I’m not trying to offend anyone here. I’m simply saying as someone who is very private myself, that if I go underground and I want some space for whatever the reason may be, I wouldn’t want several people looking for me on a public forum.

Obviously many here know this person far better than I, but from what I’ve read on this thread it wasn’t hard to find his name and home address via web registration data and I’m guessing this is the last thing that a private person would want. 💕💕
I kind of second that. I know everyone is concerned and it comes from a place of caring, but we don't want to create a sort of 'witch hunt.' A few people have already sent in and messaged people associated with him. I don't think more people doing the same thing will help- if they want to say something they will.

And it goes without saying that posting a full address of a person on a forum without their knowledge can be pretty violating for their privacy.

There really isn't much we can do but wait. Tbh I also got an account just to comment on this thread. Been missing PumpkinRot's blog and I hope everything is okay.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I kind of second that. I know everyone is concerned and it comes from a place of caring, but we don't want to create a sort of 'witch hunt.' A few people have already sent in and messaged people associated with him. I don't think more people doing the same thing will help- if they want to say something they will.

And it goes without saying that posting a full address of a person on a forum without their knowledge can be pretty violating for their privacy.

There really isn't much we can do but wait. Tbh I also got an account just to comment on this thread. Been missing PumpkinRot's blog and I hope everything is okay.
Just so there aren’t any misunderstandings, no one to my knowledge posted his address. But they did post the county he lives in, and without giving anyone directions, you can find out pretty easily. Let’s leave it at that. 😌

It absolutely comes from a place of caring. But as someone on the other side when it comes to privacy, I’ve hidden for years. I understand what this means.

Based on what I saw, he is neither deceased nor in jail.

To me, this means he is staying incommunicado of his own volition.

I really hope no one takes my words the wrong way.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Let me preface this by saying I am an extraordinarily private person and I am speaking from my own personal viewpoint only. Everyone here has been amazing, so please don’t take what I am going to say as disrespect because it is not. It is simply to tell you the way I think and nothing more....

Again, not to seem disrespectful, but don’t you all think if he wanted you to know where he is, that he would tell you?

I see people posting the county he lives in etc and to me if people are contacting his family or friends and not getting a response, perhaps he doesn’t want to be found. From what I’ve read he is a private person anyway. An entire thread of people looking for him to me is invasive.

I just want to put out there, I’m not trying to literally track this guy down or anything, I was JUST wondering if anyone knew why he wasn’t posting the blog. As in, if he’s done with it, I’m not going to bother checking the website anymore.

61 - 80 of 126 Posts