Halloween Forum banner

41 - 60 of 126 Posts

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
It really is odd, especially since we're going into our "season". He usually posts about stuff showing up in stores this time of year.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We also found it odd that there's been no posts for the past 2 months from Pumpkinrot and made a post on our blog asking if anyone knew what was up and a reader of our blog told us about this thread. Since people have reached out in concern to those who appear to be "in the know" with Pumpkinrot haven't gotten any replies or answers, perhaps this is some sort of social experiment/Halloween trick. Maybe Pumpkinrot wanted to take a long break and disconnect for a while, not seemingly in his character, but we all can get burned out doing things, even things we love. There seems to be something cryptic about his last post, Midsummer. The line "You had only to rise, lean from your window, and know that this indeed was the first real time of freedom and living, this was the first morning of summer." Comes across that perhaps he felt the need to take the summer off, but that said, with so many people voicing concern and worries, you'd think he or someone close would give us all a heads up.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Yes! I thought that quote could have been some insight into his abrupt disappearance, but didn't want to read too much in to it.. Oh, how I'm hoping this is a stunt in his part... wondering if he left any clues. Hmm....

Wonder if the Vatican scooped him up for unauthorized use of a thurible or f he's working on prop work for a film.

·
Registered
680 Posts
What REALLY Strikes me as weird is that his wife is ~also~ not posting. I'm actually really worried about them; Rot is usually really specific about hiatuses, which absolutely no one begrudges him. This is all over Facebook and I'm really worried about some guy and his wife, whom I have never even actually seen.

This had better be the best prank ever, is all I can say.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm not a very active poster here so I don't know how y'all feel about tagging people in a thread to ask specific questions- some forums discourage it because doing so can kind of put people on the spot. But if it isn't frowned on here, would it be appropriate to tag and ask the people in this thread who mentioned knowing him and his wife if they have heard anything? I wouldn't want to step on toes and make anyone feel uncomfortable by me asking. What do you all think?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Still no word from my contacts who are close mates of Rot and Bean. They both have individual social media accounts (twitter, blogs, instagram, etc.) with postings that stopped on the same day in late June (every single account). So they either took a long unanounced much needed break (unlikely); are working on a movie project and can't disclose any information (possibly) or are building suspense for this years Halloween display (probable). The last option would be unthinkable, they both died (unlikely). My bet is they are building up suspense for this years display that would be entitled PARANOIA or somehting like that. I guess well have to wait a couple more months to truely find out their fate?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Can’t stop thinking about this and I feel like if something unthinkable happened...we would know by now. Someone out there, his family or closest friends, would say/post something. The fact that his whereabouts is so hush hush, that we’re just hitting a brick wall of silence, I feel like there’s intention behind that. Anyone else think so?

·
Registered
680 Posts
But he's not really a prank kinda guy is he? Christ, he better be okay. :(
No he isn't, this is really out of character for him which I think is why everyone is so uneasy.

If he is deceased, I see no point whatsoever in his family hiding that, so I'm thinking that probably isn't it. What i'm now hoping is that Bean is ok. When wives die, men often do NOT take it very well - much worse than women whose husbands die, overall - and this often sends them into horribly deep depressions which would be entirely consistent with not updating one's social media and just ghosting.... well, everyone. For months on end.

[I am a psych nurse, we see these issues with elderly/middle aged men A LOT. Which isn't to say Rot is elderly or even middle aged, just laying out my thought-pattern here.]

I WANT TO BE WRONG HERE, LET ME BE SUPER CLEAR. :(

·
Registered
201 Posts
He's been an avid blogger for nearly a decade, only missing a day or two but definitely not a couple of months. It’s possible he’s working on displays or props for a movie and can’t tell anyone (yet). I know he took some time off from blogging when he worked on Mr. Jones but he left a message saying as much. I owe a great of my creativity and passion for Halloween creations to Rot and John Wolfe (RIP) of Season of Shadows. I would hate to lose another master.
I agree with earlier comments that if something had happened to Rot and/or Bean their family would have said something. It would be a huge artistic loss since they don’t have any children to pass the “knowledge” on too and Rot doesn’t document his process, he just creates. It makes you wonder about your own Halloween legacy and passing the information on. Now to completely change the subject; a few people have IM asking about John Wolfe. He was the creator of Season of Shadows and had sadly and suddenly passed away in early 2012 from a mysterious digestive ailment. He was one of the early Haunters, Halloween Bloggers, DIY tutorial YouTubers with a very soothing voice reminiscent of Bob Ross. His web site/blog is no longer up but his tutorial video’s and channel are still available on YouTube (https://www.youtube.com/user/SeasonofShadows/videos). I guess we will have to wait till 10-31-19 to hear of Rot’s fate

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,602 Posts
I've been following all the posts you guys have been making in this thread and, since it's been so long since anyone has heard anything from anyone, anywhere, about them, I truly hope they are okay...
I agree, though, that if people have contacted their family and friends and they aren't saying anything, that seems odd. They would know if something happened.
I guess we just hope for the best and that he starts posting, again, sometime soon, as it gets closer to Halloween.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am so glad I found this post. I have been following Rot and Bean forever, I hope they are ok. They fill each day with a little magic of Hallowe'en,and are such an inspiration. I tried to email him too with no answer.
It is sort of weird to be so attached to a blog by someone I don’t know at all, but it did used to get me through all the 11 other months leading up to October.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Ok this is bullshit. I'm ready to drive my ass from Augusta Georgia to check on he and his family. Has anyone notified some sort of authority? No way have they both just cut off all communication. No movie or prop is worth this torment. Is he ok? Is all we need to hear

·
Registered
282 Posts
Ok this is bullshit. I'm ready to drive my ass from Augusta Georgia to check on he and his family. Has anyone notified some sort of authority? No way have they both just cut off all communication. No movie or prop is worth this torment. Is he ok? Is all we need to hear
I thought it was said he lived in Pennsylvania?

41 - 60 of 126 Posts