Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if anyone ever tried this is it pretty easy to do I wouldn't want to mess up any electrical things down there. I wanted to dress a gemmy prop different with a different costume!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Slash, I have never taken a gemmy figure OFF its base but I have opened the bottom of the base on a prop to do a little modification on the electronics. The one I opened (a spirit Halloween Headless Harry) did not have any particularly special electrical components or circuit boards in there but there was electrical wiring that went to the electrical switch and power inputs on the top of the base. But taking the prop itself completely off the base might present some unexpected problems. I would suggest that you simply modify the clothing to fit the prop. That is...if you are wanting to put different pants on a prop just cut the pants up the back, pull them over the prop and then re-attach them in some way (Velcro fasteners or something similar). I did this with a Gemmy singing skeleton prop. I turned him into a singing, skeleton Elvis. I also added an Elvis wig, scarf, and sunglasses. It worked great. You can do the same with shirts or dresses. I would try this first rather than taking a chance of damaging your prop. Just sayin"

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks might go that route headless harry I think is a different company then gemmy but same round base.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts