Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Halloween Elitist
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on Halloween? Has anyone ever tried to cordon off the section of street in front of your house? I mean it's considered "your space" but sounds illegal. I just wanted to do it on Halloween because my cemetery is always obscured if someone parks there especially a full size SUV

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
I know this is not what you mean, but rare parking our own cars across the front and driveway to keep the area more secure. I don't want people walking in except up the one way so we are parking cars bumper to bumper to close off the area that way.

·
Halloween Elitist
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks PD, I've done that too, lol.
I did some more research and turns out it is illegal, the curb and street are for public use, I could get a special permit but I'm not going to those lengths

·
Registered
902 Posts
Yep, I live on a culdesac and my neighbors and I park our trucks to block off the whole street, so far nobody has complained...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yes we have. We bought the orange cones from the dollar store. We line them up on the road in front of our house.

It discourages people from parking in front of our driveway and lawn. We live on a street with larger city lots, all have two car or more driveways. Normally no one parks on the street anyway, so no one has complained.

I know there should be a permit, but it is better to ask forgiveness than ask permission in this instance. ��

·
The Big Kahuna of Fright
4,329 Posts
Does flooding the street with so much fog that cars have to slow down to a crawl count? If so, then, yeah, we "cordon off the street".

·
Halloween Elitist
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Our street is pretty narrow, I was sitting in garage working on a prop and I was picturing the area in front cordoned off, there was a vehicle parked across so the car passing by veered into the area I would have cordoned off, I can just imagine on Halloween, it gets real conjested and it's hard to get in and out of Subdivision

1 - 9 of 9 Posts