Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Halloween friends! I'm so jazzed up about today being the 1st of October! =) This weekend, I plan on "Boo"ing a few of my neighbors.

For anyone who has never heard of being "Boo"ed, it's when you leave a poem, that describes what the Boo is all about, a picture of a ghost and usually a treat or Halloween gift of some type, on a neighbor's door step.
The poem requests that they keep the boo going or "else" >=) That's the basic Boo, but there are a few variations.

Any who, I revamped a boo poem, that I had received two years ago, using a Jack O' Lantern picture, instead of a ghost. I was wondering if you guys would critique it for me, before I go on my big "Boo"ing spree this weekend =)

All suggestions are welcomed and feel free to use it yourself, if you'd like to boo some unsuspecting neighbors! >=)

The air is cool, the season fall,

Soon Halloween, will come to all!

The mysterious Great Pumpkin, has a job to do,

It’s to ward off mischievous spirits who have come to get you!

On your front door, is where Jack will work,

He wards off spirits and scary jerks!

Leave him there to keep a watchful eye,

And to remind the Great Pumpkin, he’s all ready passed by.

To repay the Great Pumpkin, for his good will,

He asks that in two days, his request you will fulfill:

Copy his letter and find a good treat,

Leave it for a neighbor, at the level of their feet.

Soon Jack will be all over your town,

And Halloween spirit will be spread all around!

The mischievous spirits may still come to play,

But Jack’s happy glow, will keep them at bay.

Yet be forewarned, if this request you ignore,

Jack will no longer watch over your door.

You’ll become a victim of the spirit’s pranks,

And throughout the season, your leg they will yank!

Thanks ya'll!

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
I've never been boo'ed :( I guess that's what happens when your neighbors like 1/4 of a mile away. Your poem is very well written :)

·
Bucky Brain Surgeon
908 Posts
Sounds like fun and I like the poem. I might change "He wards of spirits and scary jerks." to maybe He wards of spirits where scary things lurk.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wording...

Sounds like fun and I like the poem. I might change "He wards of spirits and scary jerks." to maybe He wards of spirits where scary things lurk.
That's perfect! I like that better too! =) Thank you :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
I LOOVE IT!! I have never heard of that before. I will SO be booing some people in our subdivision this weekend!!! We'll see how many have Halloween spirit! Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
5,672 Posts
Well, I'll buck the trend here...

I DETEST THIS TRADITION and it's Christmas equivalent.

Living in Utah, in a neighborhood, with all the Molly Mormon stay at home moms that just LOVE to start this thing. Except it's usually that I'm supposed to do 2 houses.

Anyway, here I am, busting my hump trying to put on a haunt for the neighborhood, where we give out full size treats to everyone else's smarties, while my wife and I work opposing shifts so the kids don't have to be in daycare, WE DON'T HAVE TIME to go make a treat to give to someone, and I shouldn't be guilted into go BUYING a treat to give to someone either.

Last year just pushed me right over the edge with this thing, too, as we discovered a treat bag on my doorstep and the stupid ghost. Inside contained 4 fun size bags of pretzles.

THAT is when I lost it. Yes, we baked some cookies and dressed the kids to go ring and run (as I suppose it's called these days). The neighborhood would have soon heard about it if we hadn't, bunch of gossiping ninnies.

Wasn't too hard to figure out where it came from, since they must have figured since we were SOOO into halloween, we should be first to get this thing, and they handed out the pretzles on Halloween....

I did manage to resist the urge to egg the place, so resorted to a less destructive means of peppering the lawn with plastic utinsils. (and still chuckle when I hear their lawnmower still catching some.)

Hate it. Don't want it. Got enough going on without this thing.

Yeah, I'm a bah humbug.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well, I'll buck the trend here...

I DETEST THIS TRADITION and it's Christmas equivalent.

Living in Utah, in a neighborhood, with all the Molly Mormon stay at home moms that just LOVE to start this thing. Except it's usually that I'm supposed to do 2 houses.

Anyway, here I am, busting my hump trying to put on a haunt for the neighborhood, where we give out full size treats to everyone else's smarties, while my wife and I work opposing shifts so the kids don't have to be in daycare, WE DON'T HAVE TIME to go make a treat to give to someone, and I shouldn't be guilted into go BUYING a treat to give to someone either.

Last year just pushed me right over the edge with this thing, too, as we discovered a treat bag on my doorstep and the stupid ghost. Inside contained 4 fun size bags of pretzles.

THAT is when I lost it. Yes, we baked some cookies and dressed the kids to go ring and run (as I suppose it's called these days). The neighborhood would have soon heard about it if we hadn't, bunch of gossiping ninnies.

Wasn't too hard to figure out where it came from, since they must have figured since we were SOOO into halloween, we should be first to get this thing, and they handed out the pretzles on Halloween....

I did manage to resist the urge to egg the place, so resorted to a less destructive means of peppering the lawn with plastic utinsils. (and still chuckle when I hear their lawnmower still catching some.)

Hate it. Don't want it. Got enough going on without this thing.

Yeah, I'm a bah humbug.
Aw come one, tell us what you really think about it! :D (I'm just teasing!)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts