Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

We go camping every year around Halloween, and the entire part encourages everyone to decorate... there is a free night stay involved.
We have a pirate theme, and are planning on going all out next year. We want to build some kind of pirate ship ( Black Pearlish) to cover the front of the travel trailer and maybe the ends. It needs to be something I can move, set up and take down that doesn't take days to move. I saw a super cool version on here a while back that was the bow of the ship and they used the sails to show the movie.

I am not sure where to even start but if anyone has ever done this before or has suggestions, I would be very thankful.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have. It was basically a facade (one side) and the back end.
See if you have access to my photos/gallery, if not, I will try to post them here.
It was three sections that I brought into work (via an elevator) and I just used some quick clamps to hold the sections together.
I will have to hunt around for a pic of the whole thing.
For the sail, I just used a pole that I set in an umbrella stand (patio kind of stand) with some kind of cross piece with a ragged sail.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Our 4-H club had a pirate ship in a parade this year and we hope to use it at our Halloween Party/Haunted House that we put on for our community every year.

IMG_3122[1].jpg

·
Registered
216 Posts
Depends how mobile you need it to be and how much room you have to store/haul the sections of the ship. You could plan it so it broke down into multiple sections for easy storage and hauling. I'm currently building part of a pirate ship that will consist of 4 paneled sections,6'x3' or smaller that can be added to a simple frame that can be taken apart after Halloween. Just remember that if you use wood to create this, it's going to be significantly heavier than what Hallowtheme posted above. I was fortunate enough to get some old cedar fence posts that are dried out and are very light. Keep your eye out for stuff like that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts